Warcraft 3 reforged beta black screen when starting(solved)

for some reason when i start the beta the screen goes black and i can only hear the audio but the screen stays black i already updated my drivers and my connection seems fine, im able to play starcraft 2 whit no problems

2 Likes

Dude to fix this, open battle.net app, go to settings, then go to game settings, then at warcraft 3 beta, check add command line and type -graphicsapi Direct3D9 or -graphicsapi OpenGL, it’ll depend of your graphics card. Then launch the game. This should be enough. If you get classic models at your game, just close the game, open war3preferences.txt at “C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Warcraft III Beta” folder and change the hd=0, to hd=1. Remove the command line after the change. Set war3preferences.txt to “read only” if the file change hd=1 back to hd=0 automaticaly, else just let it as it is.
Also, keep occlusion, shadows quality and vsync off at in game video options, and clean temp files.
To clean temp files: WindowsKey + R, type temp and press enter, do it again but now type %temp%, do it again but type Prefetch, in each time delete everything inside these folders.

Ps: If you have good graphics card you can use -graphicsapi Direct3D11 or -graphicsapi Direct3D12 at command line.

already did that the screen still stays black only the cursor changed i have a Nvidia Geforce GT 730

5 Likes

Did you use all commands? both direct3d9 and opengl?

1 Like

yeahh i did the screen stays black still

1 Like

So, hey. I’d like to inform that this black screen problem is happening to me as well. I tried the diverse direct 3d graphics api, all 4 (I even tried Direct3d10 and Direct3d8 out of desperation honestly) and I’m still not getting the game to run. I even checked and tried to update graphics drivers again, to see if that would fix the problem.

1 Like

Once you get this figured out – also recommend checking your in-game resolution settings. For some reason, they start out at 24Hz in this game. I recommend trying 60Hz at a minimum. With a strong graphics card and a gaming monitor, you can bring this up to 120Hz or 144Hz. Makes a huge difference in how smooth the game looks.

the game is locked at 50 hz.

Good. That’s fast enough.

did you find an answer on this issue?

FIX: Turn off anti virus Black Screen Problem on opening beta FIXED! make sure everyone knows i spent 5 hours trying alot of things :frowning: hopefully no one else have to deal with this

It didn’t seem to work for me .-. I even tried my firewall at this point.

I’ve tried so many things, and I’ve been checking this forum every 4 hours constantly, hoping someone will suggest something that’ll work for me.

I kinda found a workaround. Had the same problem. Got to your Warcraft 3 Beta folder in you documents folder. Open the “War3Preferences.txt” and scroll down to the Bottom. In my case the values of “windowx” and “windowy” were set to -32000. I set them to zero and i was able to play. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Anyone find a fix? I tried all of these potential fixes but I still have a black screen. I have a radeon RX vega 56 GFX + GIgabyte z390 designare motherboard

I had the same problem I reinstalled windows and then just Blizzard then Warcraft III Reforged Beta and it worked, reinstalled my AV SecureIT and it went to a black screen. The company I work for is partners with SecureIT so I called the Level 3 tech there and they are looking at it now to find out what the problem is and how to fix it. I will update after I have the fix.

1 Like

After a few hours they found the problem it was the BitDefender Phishing Protection they changed it from 32bit to 64bit and it now works . So just call your AV company and let them know and they should be able to fix the problem.

OK, the problem was not fixed after all but now is. If you have SecureIT log into your portal page on their website and re-download SecureIT it has an update with this fix in it.

so dx12 is enabled for wc3? very insteresting…

I have an ATI Radeon card and I had to turn off the settings that try to enhance graphics such as free sync and some others. Now I’m able to see the game. Although during the game and during battles the screen goes black and I can only see life bars. I’m trying to figure that one out next.

I’m seeing the same issue. Black screen with cursor on launch. I have tried all the values for -graphicsapi, nothing is working. GTX 970, 1440p monitor.

Edit: I’ve fixed it. If you’re using a SOCKS proxy (Internet Options dialog), you need to check this checkbox: “Bypass proxy for local addresses”