Warcraft 3 not available

The blizcon dev said that we would get base Warcraft 3 available when we pre purchase Warcraft reforge. I see no option to install Warcraft 3. I owned the game many years ago but lost my CD keys, have even tried to buy the base game on the blizz store but am getting a 404 error. I would not have bought reforged this early If i knew it wouldn’t unlock the original game. Am i mistaken?

5 Likes

Try going to your account settings (At the top right, next to the Support button) and checking for a WC3 in the Classic Games section.

1 Like

Yeah that is not helping, Takes me to the 404 error. Have tried this on home pc and in work. So the original Warcraft is not available for purchase and has not been avialble since blizzcon. I now own reforged… which should give me access to the old version of warcraft 3, but it does not.

2 Likes

It’s from Blizzard’s side. We’re all out of luck until they decide to release the keys.

3 Likes

Lil bit annoyed by this. I would never have bought reforged this early, only did so as reforged got my nostalgia going and the original was not on sale in the blizz store. Then re-watched blizzcon and a Dev said we get access to the SD version as soon as we purchase the reforged version, which would explain why the removed the original from the classic store but no good if they haven’t actually given me access to the original game.

5 Likes

Yeah, the nostalgia fire generated from Blizzcon and WC3:RF initial announcement is starting to peter out. At least for me it is, though I’m sure others are the same. If they don’t hurry it up, they’re going to lose a lot of the hype they’ve built up.

4 Likes

They just pinned a post, December 1st they should ship all of the CD keys they said?

3 Likes

It’s Dec 1! Been counting down the days for this, any updates? Anyone get a key?

1 Like

The client link its here where they posted the patchnotes , enjoy

1 Like

It’s not possible to launch it directly from battlenet client yet, right?

1 Like

ill believe it when I see it!! LOL

1 Like

nope, just a ton of updates

1 Like

Damn Undead players, one of your necromancers wandered off into this graveyard of a forum.

1 Like

f%ck it, they bumped this sh1t, but I want to ask, how stupid do you have to be to lose your cd keys? xD

Can’t you download the game from here?

Or here?

How sad and boring is your life that you have managed to keep things from 20 years ago? Why do you still live with your mom?

I still own my original Warcraft 3 CDs, jewel cases, and their manuals. They really don’t take that much room and are easy to keep.

1 Like

Sure they are easy to keep. It’s harder to part with them.

Bilbo kept his precious for 50 years. And almost took it to Imladris. He was the only one in history wilfully to give it up. And only thanks to the intrusion by Olorin.