WarCraft 3 (Classic) - Install Error UiaDisconnectProvider

Was attempting to download and install the ‘classic’ version of WarCraft 3 and eventually Frozen Throne. Opening the installer downloaded from the Blizzard site, I’m met with the following error: “The procedure entry point UiaDisconnectProvider could not be located in the dynamic link library UIAutomationCore.DLL.”

To be clear, this has nothing to do with the Battlenet Desktop App, and is occurring immediately after trying to open the WarCraft 3 Setup download.

I know you said it’s the WC3 installer that is errorring out, however, all game installers are intertwined with the launcher. The “Classic” installer when run will transfer the install process to the launcher.

About four days ago, the launcher engineers reverted to the previous launcher version due to this error. So make sure your launcher is up to date and give it another try.

If it still doesn’t work, you can install WC3 from the launcher because all installs (from the launcher, from the “Games” and “Classic Games” sections on the download website) are the same thing: the Reforged game client.

I just wanted to add, if you are downloading the files from the Blizzard website, the setup file should technically be the launcher. The old installations are no longer supported as Warcraft III is now hosted on the Blizzard application.

If this seems to the launcher or you are having issues with the launcher, there was an issue a few days ago with this same error, which re-downloading the file from our website should address.