Warcraft 3 - Brazilian/Latin America

There is any chance to have a Brazilian/Latin America server?

8 Likes

Hopefully not, it would just split the community even more, they would also be dead servers seeing as how routing is so bad in South America that most countries decide to play on US East on whatever game they’re playing.

You’d have to set individual servers on multiple countries of South America… and I know a lot of people who do not want to be region-locked to their respective countries’ server due to Blizzard needing players for the respective regional server.

routing is so bad in South America that most countries decide to play on US East on whatever game they’re playing.

That’s… not really true? Care to provide specific examples? R6S, LoL, DotA2 all work better with the latam or at least US servers than EU. You’re never getting less than 100 ms to EU from BR, you absolutely can get less to a local server [to give an example, southern countries are even worse].

This said, I agree. Playerbase is not big enough for RTS to make the divide and moderate latency is not too bad on this genre compared to others (like FPS). I do hope they put a lot of effort into a fantastic netcode and datacenters so we can have the smoothest experience possible.

6 Likes

I think that’s totally possible to have a server that includes both the Brazil and the other countries of Latin America.

4 Likes

Isn’t this what they did for HOTS? You guys got your own server in Brazil right? They can always just have it do the thing where you get “best matchup” aka sit in queue for Brazil for 15 mins then get put onto the larger matchmaking.

They’ve also mentioned Global play, so I’m seeing it more like the newer games where you just set the server you want to play on, it’s now just a question on whether we’ll get those servers or it’ll just be the current 4 we have atm that says a giant FU to a lot of regions.

Who said EU? US East exists and you get 70 -140 ms from SA countries (or so).

Why do you think that Riot has South America North/South, and Valve has Peruvian/Chilean/Brazilian servers for Dota 2? because the ping is terrible between the countries due to routing being absolutely abysmal. So much that 90% or more of South American players play on US East in Dota 2.

1 Like

hopefully not? why we must play with awful lag (350 average since last update). For not mentioning the frecuent toxic messages that you receive when playing. Its really hard to play a nice game in those conditions. we are +3000 players who love the game and cant enjoy it

1 Like

Latin American servers end up dead faster than you think, they are not going to bother making one.

Why are you putting everyone in the same basket? speak for yourself, I know many who do not want a South American server.

Where are you from?

I’d rather to not play a game where my ping is higher than 100 to be honest.
Routing is fine in south america, most servers in brazil have good traces in most SA countries, I don’t know where Lycan gets these stats, the problem with Dota was from a long time ago and now has been solved. Data center traces in brazil depend on ISP configurations, which in current times are quite good.

To give you a few examples of small games with small communities, Mordhau, Squad, they have like 5-10 servers in SA and they work fine, even if a community is small, they can work.

1 Like

Bumping for visibility. Please Blizzard.

2 Likes

Eu espero que sim, apesar de não acreditar que isso se tornará real. Um servidor apenas para o Brasil acho impossível, mas um servidor para a América Latina existe alguma chance.
Vamos aguardar. Por enquanto nem um fórum ainda temos :frowning:

2 Likes