War3 crashing - no error code

Game crashes back to windows without any error message or screen. Other games work fine. Usually happens a couple minutes into a game, but sometimes it happens in long games.

Once it happens, if I immediately restart the game, it usually happens very quickly again (even while I’m still on the lobby screens, or very quickly in a new game).

I’m using the old graphics. Playing since launch but this only started some weeks, perhaps a couple months ago. It can also happen watching replays or playing customs. I’ve tried reinstalling etc and computer is very good.

Any advice?

edit: I see there’s a thread with very similar error but everyone experiencing problems there are on a MAC and I’m using Windows 10.

btw video card is a geforce gtx 1660

Hey Wizard,

Are you using the latest Nvidia driver? If not, try updating that.

Sometimes the game closing with no error can be caused by other programs that are running in the background. You could try rebooting using Selective Startup to see if that helps.

Press Windows Key+R.
Type msconfig and press Enter.
Select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.
Select the Services tab.
Check Hide all Microsoft services.
Note: Skipping this step may prevent your computer from rebooting correctly.
Click Disable all.
Click Apply then click OK.
Click Restart.

Start to use new craphics. I havent had this problem since I started to use new.

Yes using most recent driver. I tried those steps and managed to play all day yesterday without issues, but today it crashed again.

edit: and again and again even playing fresh after a clean reboot with all those non microsoft services disabled.

Hey again Wizard,

Here’s a few other things you can try:

1. Try enabling Debug Mode in the Nvidia Control Panel
  2. If it continues, try switching to Windowed mode and test the game again to see if that helps prevent it.

Feel free to post your DXDIAG as well if you need further help and we can take a look.

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. In the Run window type dxdiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DirectX window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and save it to your Desktop. Open the new dxdiag file with Notepad.
  5. In the posting section hit the </> button for “Preformatted text” then paste (Ctrl+V) the DXDIAG contents. That’ll make the information much more readable.

If you are unable to post this due to the length of the DXDIAG, please feel free to use pastebin.com and share the direct link with us instead. Use the </> button as well in order to share the link.

Hello. Just got a crash after enabling the debug mode. This time it did produce an error window… report code 9A75E4DB-3FC8-493D-9AB9-E19216CDD6FE

I’ll try windowed mode now. (edit: tested and crashed)

dxdiag: sorry, not sure how to share the link. It’s /DT8GGP5B on pastebin

Thanks for the dxdiag. Overall it doesn’t appear too bad, just a few things to touch on.

Looks like CAMLauncher.exe is crashing a lot, which appears to be the NZXT Cam software. You might want to try uninstalling that for now and test the game again.

If you’re overclocking the CPU or have XMP enabled in the BIOS try removing/disabling those, sometimes overclocking can cause crashes like this. You may also want to make sure your BIOS and motherboard chipset drivers are up to date, which you can get from the motherboard’s support page.

The other thing you could try would be to unplug your 2nd monitor and test the game playing on just a single monitor to see if that makes a difference at all.