Vicarious Visions?

Has anyone heard any word? Is it VV (Well, now Activision-Vicarious Visions) who will take over WC3R? Is there any hope that someone will actually give a rat’s behind about this game in the future?

Specifically, if VV takes over WC3R, can someone just show them the WC3:TFT and WC3R menu interfaces side-by-side so they can see how stupid this new client looks?

11 Likes

They’re focused on Diablo 2R at the moment. we can see further action taken after they are done with that.

But as far as i care War3 should take priority because of what they did to the game in the first place.

16 Likes

Hello, I am Reforged1Gli here to offer you the Gli opinion today!

I wanted to bring you the following message, which you can consider to be the official policy on the matter:

NO. NO ONE GIVE RAT BEHIND WHAT YOU THINK HERE, WE WILL NOT HELP YOU, AND WE HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO STOP YOU FROM EVER HELP YOURSELF. TANK YOU!

NOW PLEASE ENJOY THE FOLLOWING VIDEO OF US PARTYING AT STRATHOLME WITH ARTHAS AND UTHER. TANK YOU AGAIN AND HAVE A NICE DAY!

2 Likes

No one seems to know who’s handling balance patches now but word is that profiles, ladder leagues, and leaderboards are being outsourced to studios outside of Blizzard. The job openings for Classic Games even has one for someone handling work with external studios. I don’t think Vicarious Visions is involved with Starcraft or Warcraft RTS games.

Screw balance patches, my guy. I’m waiting for the “aggressively patching” nonsense that they crowed back in, like, March of last year. They’ve issued quite a few balance patches since then. . . but none of the patches have addressed the core issues with the game:

Crappy menu interface that looks like it was coded by someone’s little brother.

horrific pings in cross-realm melee games.

custom map games desyncing and crashing to match results screen left and right

inconsistent, weird stuttering (dropped frames) in game

. . . and many more.

9 Likes

this was actually some of the most ridiculous thing they have ever said^^
aggressively patching… grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
^^

9 Likes

When Pete said “aggressively patching” he was referring to weeks immediately preceding the 2019 winter holiday season when there was a patch released every week or two instead of monthly. It did actually happen, they did at the time do the aggressive patching they were talking about, and it is now over.

While I support wishing for more out of this game, it does not seem particularly useful to misquote the developers out of context.

VV is likely moving on to Diablo 4 after D2R. Job postings were already found regarding VV and Diablo 4.

1 Like

I dont think that, Diablo 4 was not being developed by VV if I do not remembar bad.
There can be some jobs but ofc not all team. VV is dedicated mostly to classic games, not new ones.

1 Like

xhttps://segmentnext.com/2021/04/13/vicarious-visions-diablo-4/

" According to a [new job listing] posted recently, Vicarious Visions is seeking a writer to pen “cutscenes, in-game dialogue, character biographies, and lore” for Diablo 4. That is in addition to working with quest designers “on copy writing, editing dialogue scripts, keeping consistency with character and tone” while ensuring “all assets are consistently meeting the highest quality bar.”"

It looks like they’re playing out as a support role for other teams.

how hard is it to put the old player profiles back in and even some basic stats (win / loss ratio and maybe an MMR that actually adjusts)??

i can guarantee nobody is driving

2 Likes

answer: not that hard. :\

3 Likes

Surely this is like a day of work for 1 engineer… throw us a bone blizzard.

1 Like

lol fr, even if it was just 1 guy it couldnt take him so much time to get that done, its just not possible if there was anyone activily working on this game (which is clearly not the case at all)

if vicarious visions takes over the development of warcraft 3 reforged, then maybe the game gets some love. it needs a lot of love now. as for diablo 2 resurrected: i will only get it for systems on which i do not already have diablo 2. the pc version i can play with the old discs.

1 Like