Very Poor GPU Utilization w/ AMD

yea classic assets run really really well and delivers very smooth and high framerates. i still have massive problems with the reforged assets though - its a stuttery mess.

Still having same issue with Radeon VII, on 20.1.1 AMD Drivers.

Any further discovery on this blizzard?

I upgraded my CPU from a Core2 Quad to a i5 lates Generation(doubled speed) and stayed with my grpahics card RX 580. That brought me from 30 fps to 180 fps and full GPU usage with everything on max.

It is better after 1.32.0.14300 update but some lags still remain.

(Reforged models)

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core
GPU: Radeon RX 580 8 GB
RAM: 16 GB

most issues seem to be connected to a ryzen cpu, not so much or exclusively the gpu?

probably some intel compiler or instruction set shenanigans.

1 Like

I also wanted to point out this. It would be nice to have additional performance feedback from people that have AMD graphic cards and Intel processors. It may really be that the issue itself is at the end with Ryzen CPUs, given also the amount of users with Ryzen CPUs reporting the same exact issues in this thread.

same lag here… 2 config

ryzen 3700x
gigabyte x570 matser
32 gb ram 3200
RX480 8gb OC
win 10
all update ok

FX8370
gigabyte UD3 R5
16 gb ram 1866
RX570 4gb OC
win 10
all update ok

FPS Drops from 80 down to 6.
Graphic Setting on middle.
AMD Radeon HD 7950
CPU Typ QuadCore Intel Core i5-3570K, 3600 MHz (36 x 100)
Motherboard Asus P8H77-M LE
DDR3 SDRAM 8 GB (2 ranks, 8 banks)
Monitor AOC Q3279WG5B

1 Like

Thanks guys! Nothing major to report except that the team is still working hard on getting optimization dialed before launch. Thank you for the continued info in this thread, especially immediately following patches, its really great info and data that the team can use.

1 Like

no, thank for you being the only blue post around here keanu finger pistol. i really dont wanna be in the dev team working on reforged for this release schedule. working “hard” should be vastly understated, its probably extremely stressful and at least borderline toxic.

we could do more if blizzard just let us - there are alot of capable and willing ppl on these forums to throw alot of time towards reforged. why is there so little communication going on? the beta feels so disconnected from the playerbase alot of ppl are getting really nervous - especially considering the nearing release and the state of the beta, and looking towards the huge issues with the user interface. give us something to do.

4 Likes

Thanks guys! Nothing major to report except that the team is still working hard on getting optimization dialed before launch. Thank you for the continued info in this thread, especially immediately following patches, its really great info and data that the team can use.

Thanks for all your efforts. Hopefully reforged graphics will be playable at launch.

1 Like

+1 ! Thanks for all your efforts !! ;D

posted the same in the patch release thread, i just want to be sure its getting through:

menu performance and general performance is way up, but its still stuttery as hell for me. i can only get stable framerate by looking at one place and not doing anything. as soon as i move my screen or place a building the game still exhibits micro freezes and huge framerate drops.

whenever the game needs to loads assets everything goes to hell.

ive recorded my experience with a performance overlay to show how severe the stuttering is and what happens on the hardware side.

the frametime graph spiking up and the gpu util dropping to near 0% shows something is going on. also look at the frametime numbers, they spike up to absolutely insane numbers.

machine specs:

AMD Threadripper 2920X @ 4,2 Ghz allcore
MSI X399 Creation
4x8GB DDR4 3600 CL16
RX Vega 56 @ Vega 64 Bios OC Watercooled - 20.1.2 Driver Version
Adata SX8200 1TB
Windows 10 1903

Reforged 1.32.06

Recorded via Radeon Relive
Performance Stats via RTSS

3 Likes

I experience exactly what described by Duskstalker when playing the game. It is totally unplayable and performance is worse than previous patches. In this patch for the first time the game even crashed.

Again my specs here below.

Ryzen 3600X
AMD RX 5700 XT latest drivers 20.1.2
Windows 10 x64 version 1909

In game settings:
Resolution 2560x1440@60
High settings
Max foreground/background 300 FPS
1 Like

After the recent patch it is now playable, as the fps isn’t an issue anymore as Dusktalker said. Though, there’s now a ton of stuttering while playing any game type/map.

Performance has improved with the latest patch on my navi card quite a bit. It still stutters here and there and needs more work, but it’s a lot better than before. I haven’t tested on my vega 64 desktop

I take back what I said. The improvement is only on certain maps.

Golumns in the Mist LV is still a stuttery mess on AMD. It’s like certain assets are being loaded into memory and certain ones are not. This map is an example where this is still a problem for us.

Still having the issues. Dev team is updating the client frequently unfortunately not adressing the problem for AMD users. Im super worried they cant make it in time. Any news?

Cheers,

NookY

4 Likes

It’s a legitimate worry. Are they really going to release it when it is in an unplayable state for so many beta testers? This isn’t typical of Blizzard historically. It would substantially harm their image of releasing somewhat polished products. I would love to hear an update on this.

2 Likes

New patch still stutters when loading assets and using the mini-map.

1 Like