Very Poor GPU Utilization w/ AMD

I’m not sure if this is isolated to AMD cards/drivers, but this game has horrendous GPU utilization, and resulting poor performance. While in game my GPU will go from ~70% to 0% utilization (hardly ever 100%), back and forth, constantly. It’s similar to what you get when games are being played in windowed mode or 2d mode. The game definitely isn’t registering as a game to put the card in full 3d mode. It seems like others are having this problem as well, but describing it differently.

18 Likes

I can confirm others with AMD gpus are all having some sort of problems running Warcraft 3 Reforged. Me personally I have a 5700 XT and just like you said gpu is never at full load, yet game micro-freezes (freezes some frames from about half a second for sometimes even up to ~2seconds).

Please Blizzard look at what you can do from your perspective. It would be great to rely on both parties looking at this exact problem, because AMD takes long time to deliver new stable gpu drivers.

5 Likes

I can confirm aswell. With AMD RX 5700 XT a lot of micro freezes.

Newest Drivers installed. Please fix! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Have AMD Vega Frontier 16gb 64, lots of graphic settings issues. Can’t set anything higher than 1900x1080. Problem as playing on an ultrawide monitor. Other blizz games like d3 let me set 2560x1440 no problem. Have all latest video drivers too.

1 Like

Thanks guys for the info! I’ve forwarded this off to our compatibility wizards. Additional DXdiags are always helpful if you wanna send them to War3attachments@blizzard.com

4 Likes

We hope additionally that game will support different APIs: dx9, dx11, vulkan, opengl.

3 Likes

Having the same issue with RX 580 Sapphire

1 Like

Phew I’m glad It’s not just me.
I have a Radeon Sapphire RX 570 Pulse (8GB VRAM) and I have a similar issue. My GPU goes from 100% usage to 0% every 5 - 15 seconds and this causes my game to freeze.
I’ve tried turning VSYNC off to see if that’s the cause of my problem but it didn’t fix it.

Will do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, I have AMD Radeon RX 580, my resolution is 2560 * 1080,
intel Core - 7500, 16 gb ram, all drivers are upgraded.
(When I start the game my fps drops to 10-15 frames.)

1. Wondering if widescreen monitors will be supported in the game?
  2. TO DO SMTH with AMD compatibility. - I have acsess to the game but cant play…
  3. Up the post)
2 Likes

Radeon 5700 XT here. GPU utilization, along with FPS, drastically lowers when scrolling the map. If you keep scrolling, GPU utilization goes as low as 2 - 4%.

This makes the game unplayable.

3 Likes

I simply have 100% GPU load on my Radeon HD 8670M with all settings graphics low/disabled and even resolution lowered to 1280x720 (btw game still doesn’t support my 1366x768), though I should not have any problems.
55-60 fps out of base, 30-40 in base.

1 Like

Slow when moving the map around. Laggy graphics.

AMD Vega56 and Ryzen1700

2 Likes

AMD Radeon RX 580 Red Dragon 8 gb.
Same. Coolers accelerate like a helicopter.

2 Likes

Radeon Vega 56, not playable. Framerate in Menus also poor… Dropdown menu is laggy. Mouseclicks on Map are not correct. Freezes all the time. Tried to turn on or off many things like occlusion, vsync, shadows, spells, etc. hope to see a fix soon.

2 Likes

same here, RX570, laggy as hell when i move the map around or place some buildings. Also dependent on map. TR - laggy, avalance - not so.

2 Likes

I have the same issues and also same GPU. My GPU usage seems fine i think, but my CPU usage seems low. GPU usage is 100% and CPU usage is ~10%. When i scroll through the map GPU usage drops, usually not below 50%, and CPU usage stays the same. My CPU is Ryzen 5 3600. In 4v4 my game was constantly laggy as hell, from the start when nothing was happening. In 1v1 it’s much better but still can barely play without getting annoyed as hell. The worst is when i scroll through the map or when i click on minimap. Clicking on minimap takes about 1 sec for the camera to actually go there. It also occasionally lags even when not moving camera.

2 Likes

Ditto. it’s garbage, hardly playable.

1 Like

same here, amd ryzen 2600 and vega 56 … cant really click on the minimap without a freeze/lag … really annoying in fights. i hope you guys can fix it fast
Much love <3

Thanks again guys! I’ll be updating the known issues list with this issue later today. The info you’ve provided has already proven to be very helpful! Feel free to continue to send in DXdiags if you want, but its not super necessary at this point :slight_smile:

4 Likes

patch <3 BlessRNG