Use race to counter another race, not strategy?

I’m ranking 700-ish in Netease platform, and have been actively watching every single recent tournaments streams, here is my experience and observation…

NE(70%) v UD(30%)
Hum(70%) v NE(30%)
UD(70%) v Hum(30%)
NE(60%) v ORC(40%)
Hum(60%) v ORC(40%)
ORC(60%) v UD(40%)

I’m really having a hard time finding any two races having a 50-50 chance with each other, maybe NE v Orc after Orc invented the Shaman strategy, but it was then countered shortly after.

Buffing/ Nerfing any race seems too hard, for example, NE is basically unwinnable against Hum once Hum reach tier 3, but buffing NE could potentially making NE v UD even worse… Buffing UD on the other hand, could make Hum v UD even worse…

I feel a bit sorry that some race just have no counter to some other race unless you changed your race… That’s why TH000 and infi has a huge advantages in 1.30.4, because they are very good at both Hum and NE, use NE to counter Orc and UD, use Hum to counter NE… Whereas players like moon, can easily wins over Orc and UD, but have a terrible win rate against Th000 and infi…

I don’t think making the only solution to counter a race is to change your race a good idea? But I can surely see the difficulty in balancing, hopefully Blizzard won’t make it worse by buffing some race ridiculously and making this even worse…

4 Likes

The recent tournament results are basically aligned

https://liquipedia.net/warcraft/NeXT/2019_Spring

the Hum v UD win rate are weird mainly because there are just so few top UD players… I guess it’s because UD players got wiped out by NE and ORC maybe ~

It’s basically for the win rate of the main stream strategy though, especially because I basically play against netease top 1000 players pool~ players ranking lower than 1000 might have a different win rates because a lot of them don’t use mainstream strategy in tournament~ (mainstream strategy in tournament usually require you operate troops in 2 different places and most of the very casual player don’t want to do so~)