Unable to send or receive private game invitations

Hi everyone,

I’m unable to send or receive invitations for private games from anyone on my friends list. I read through this thread posted about a month ago and did not see a solution: I can´t play online in Custom Game with friend - Technical Support - Warcraft III: Reforged Forums (blizzard.com). I thought I’d share what I’m experiencing and what we’ve tried (unsuccessfully).

Problem: When we send each other invites to private games we only see the message that the invitation has been sent, but the actual invite doesn’t go out.

We have tried unfriending each other, as well as port forwarding and even used mobile hotspots to rule out network issues. We’re both able to host public games and join each other’s public games, so no problem there. We’ve tried on different computers and still have a problem. We have also tried to delete and rename our maps folders (a popular solution for a similar problem during Beta). We double checked that we’re running the same version and that we’re in the same region.

Please fix this. Hosting a public map isn’t a viable solution for us. We’re beta testing a long-running map modding project that we’d rather keep private until bugs and issues are worked out.

1 Like