Unable to play Warcraft 3 Offline. Play Offline mode greyed out

Any reason why im unable to play offline? I get a message saying something like, unable to handle request? I have a legitimate version of the game purchased before reforged. The play offline mode is greyed out. If i login then it’ll work fine…

2 Likes

are you talking about the official RoC+TFT CDs?? or are you talking about classic mode? are you using the Bnet app to load the game?

that doesnt sound like you are playing the original game then… if you are logged into Bnet then you are using the current latest patch (aka Reforged)

Have you logged in recently? As in, in the last two weeks or so?

That’s Blizzard’s draconic Battle.net DRM at work. They’ll only let you play Reforged if you’ve logged in at least once every 30 days.

Honestly, you’re better off looking for a pre-Reforged copy of the game and playing that instead.

4 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, im talking about the digitally online download of ROC, TFT before reforged, as FilthyCasual says it only seems to happen every so often (once every 30 days) i guess… So basically if i dont have an online connection after 30 days im unable to play warcraft 3 offline period…?

huh? no thats not how it works if you are playing the original RoC/TFT… the online DRM is for Reforged and Classic only… are you sure your not talking about Classic mode?

so you are not using the Bnet app to load the game? cause if thats the case, then there is no “online mode” for the original game… you cannot access Bnet using the original RoC/TFT you can only play single player (unless you are using the custom server Eurobattlenet)

there should be no reason why you are unable to play single player… do you happen to know what patch # your game is running? is it 1.32 or a previous #?

are you sure you are not talking about Classic mode within Reforged? cause that requires the Bnet app with DRM

I use the Bnet app and continue without logging in, then click play warcraft 3 & sometimes the play offline mode is greyed out. I have to login which requires an internet connection in order to play offline (i didnt buy reforged)

then you are not playing the original RoC/TFT you are playing Classic through the Bnet app, which requires you to connect online everyonce in awhile for DRM security… makes it confusing when you keep saying “before reforged” as if you are talking about the old version without Bnet

1 Like

So the game i bought which was accessible offline now requires an internet connection? Is the original Roc/TFT even playable?

Indeed. You’ll have to log into the game periodically to keep the client unlocked. You don’t have to play it or do anything else, just log in and back out.

yes its quite simple if you prefer playing the older version without bnet and without any updated features

what is it you are trying to play? just the campaign mode?

Yeah, campaign and custom game. I presume id need the RoC/TFT cds? But the games are already installed? So i cant imagine them being installed twice? How would it work?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/classic-warcraft-iii-official-installers-official-patches/

Ok thanks for your help

Do I get that right:
As soon I BOUGHT(!) the reforged, i cant play the latest wc3 patches offline anymore after 30 days?
That’s not nice, I feel deceifed.

No you’re wrong. Even if you did not buy the reforged, the latest wc3 patches would have updated to a version with the same problem.

the pre-reforged patches will still work. i know because i have used them.

2 Likes