Ultrawide Resolution

I’m having the exact same issue. 3560x1440 at 105hz is not on option…only 2560x1440@105. What gives?

I have 3440 x 1440P Monitor, and I can only run 2560 x 1440 (16:9 aspect ratio). I’m very disappointed!

3 Likes

Looks like everyone is missing their highest resolutions on ultrawide resolutions in full screen mode. I’ve seeing the same thing 1920x1080 but my monitor res is 2560x1080

3840x1200 120hz here, only see 1920x1200 as of mid-way through the beta. Super sad that something as trivial as native resolution support doesn’t exist. Add it to the list of things Blizzard failed to deliver on for Reforged.

no blizzard FPS runs on ultrawide.

Have the same issue no 3440x1440

I want my money back! How do you manage to make a game in 2020 without support for ultra wide resolution?! smh

Any ideas on a fix…?

We should be grateful that we can set higher res.than 800x600 :smile:

First off, I am also using an ultra-wide monitor with 3440x1440 @144 Hz. However the highest fullscreen resolution I am able to select ist 1920x1200, for whatever reason I don’t have the 2560x1440 option available.

There is a workaround to get 21:9 ratio working though:
Go to video settings and select “Windowed (Fullscreen)”, the picture rescales to the new resolution, however there are some glitches:

• Big black boxes on each sides of the control panel
  • No subtitles for the portraits when playing ingame cutscenes
  • The game stutters a lot more, even though I have a decent machine
  • When closing the game, it crashes

Now I don’t want to be nitpicky or anything, since I think they never announced or stated UW support, but comparing WC3 Reforged to the excellent Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition, the latter comes with good, native fullscreen UW support. For a modern game such support shouldn’t be too much to ask for, even if it is just a redesigned one.

I would include links to screenshots, however I am not allowed to do so. :frowning:

any idea if it will be fixed?

You can manually set your resolution in the game preferences file, however setting Windowed (full screen) has the game working for me. Though the menu doesn’t make use of the wide screen.

Ultra Widescreen resolutions are not supported for Warcraft III. Currently, there are no plans to have this resolution to be supported in the future.

While it is not supported, a few members here have provided some workarounds with some caveats, but it may be worth checking out a few workarounds provided by our community members. Thank you for those who shared!

If you do have feedback or suggestions, please post on the General forums. The technical support forums isn’t the appropriate place to provide feedback as it’s intended for troubleshooting technical issues.

Why did this exist mid-way through beta…meaning it WAS supported/offered and was then removed if it’s not going to be supported? Doesn’t make any sense.

As far as I know it was also supported in classic WC3.

You have to change it in the war3preferences text file and then run it in windowed full screen. I’ve had to do this workaround with other low budget games but disappointing to see it in a AAA.

With the latest update, Blizzard included official UW support for Reforged:

I am glad Blizzard decided to do this, however it is not well implemented:

While I am able to select the native 21:9 resolution in Fullscreen mode now, the control UI still shows large, black boxes on each side of the panel, not only looking plain ugly but also blocking a fair share of viewing estate.

Hey Faeron,

This is a display bug only affecting the menus, it should be resolved in a future patch. Thanks for reporting it!

21:9 and 32:9 aspect ratios should now be working properly while in a match/game.

2 Likes

Yeah it works fine in 3440 x 1440P resolution. But can you please look into low performance issue? I have powerful graphics card and it shouldn’t struggle to run at 300fps in SP Campaign.

After the recent patches, 21:9 is working but there are still black bars left and right on the top and down menu. If you use it in window mode an resize it to 16:9 they go away. Would it be possible to fix that or provide 16:9 Resolution as workaround?