This is why the graphics changed

Thank you for your job for quoting threads but unfortunately It is not justifiable because you can pick what you want. No one can generalize how their opinions were unless he is God. The point is not how they want. The point is even though they did want WC3 Classic back those days, it is never justifiable for lowering the graphics after one whole year.

This is why it is not a good idea for companies like Blizzard to listen to all the idiots outside, if somebody has a vision to make a great game, make it, then let all the noble prize winners who are so clever in making a game to struggle and swallow their own bad ideas .

2 Likes

The QUOTES are from people REQUESTING the modern graphics! For this are quoted, we have the evidences! And we have more Topics and Posts requesting that too! So… Hey Purist, stop to try ruin the future of Warcraft 3 Reforged. The group of the purists are small and minimal portion.

2 Likes

My point is you can’t generalize anything based on what you picked. People never believe your quotes especially someone who is opposing your opinion. They will definitely say that you picked Quotes being suitable for your opinions only. it is not important what your quotes are saying. and by the way, I don’t want it to be ruined. I am the one who wants it to be perfect deep in mind. Don’t insult my intend

Purists always wants to stop the improvements. Them try everything to ruin the game just to scare the newcomers players and them try to keep being the old fanbase just trying to ruining the success of the game, because that they joke saying them want simple graphics. Some explanation saying about the Purists.

1 Like

The problem is, the 2018 graphics were not better. I couldn’t tell what was happening in the game when I played it at Blizzcon.

I gave the feedback, and I know most people in line were saying the same thing.

What is pretty and what is playable are two different things.

3 Likes

I doubt they are taking anything away.

What we’ve seen is most of the capabilities are in the game, they’re just not allowed to play on max settings or cranked far enough to match the original demo.

Now I know some things like terrain look terrible, and the lighting is off. This is something that could be added and changed later in the process, as what they seem to be doing is focusing on optimization and frame rate. If they just allow people to max out the settings then it may impede on the work and data they’re collecting right now. We’re seeing similar things with other features that have been missing being added in slowly, like a skin chooser or updating unit animations. Lighting is usually the last thing that’s tackled.

Is what I’m saying a guarantee that the game will look better? Of course not. What I’m saying is there is room for them to improve and update the graphics given that what they seem to be testing is optimization and bugs more than giving us full access to a final build. We don’t know if this is what they plan to give us as a final product.

Lighting and Shadows may be optional toggles moving forward. We simply don’t know yet, and I think beta is not a good indicator of this. As for people saying they should add in top settings so people can test right now - Well, yes, they should add a lot of things for people to test like male DK and the campaigns for testing too and custom maps and 12v12 maps. But that would be pushing things to breaking limit, and that is not a good way to test and collect data when you know people are already having trouble with current graphics settings getting good FPS on a 4v4.

That is why I think having some patience is necessary to see things through. I am not saying stop the criticism and feedback - This is necessary. What I am saying is don’t treat this as Blizzard taking something away from us, because we don’t know if that is true.

1 Like

worse worse worse ? calm down from your high horse.

Terrain looks more closer to classic, so you’re basically saying classic looks like sh!t which you can get lost in that case.

“Purists always wants to stop the improvements.”

#1 tactic of people with no argument. Start everything with a false premise.

2 Likes

The terrain was great in W3 TFT… Back in 2003… 17 years later and the terrain looks like sh!t! Try comparing the terrain in your precious classic to a 2019 game and see how that compares.

3 Likes

Yes! Agreed! Terrain need some improviments! Now this terrain of beta look so weak and simple! And so much overcolor too! Needs match again with the last year terrain! They have shown a smooth terrain in demo, so needs match again with that i think!