This forum is what blizzard stands for these days

when i return and look all of theses topics and all i see is “looks like nothing fixed”

this game is really perfect example of how to crush a companies reputation against a wall XD

i was hoping at least after all those weeks they would fix the network issues …

was anything noticable fixed by now? its really difficult to find anything in all those negatives posts XD

4 Likes

I don’t feel any difference between release and now.

So much desyncs and crashes in versus games. It really kills my passion to play this game.

It was a lot better before reforged. This reforge thing is clearly a downgrade of 15+ years game.

7 Likes

are the games player hosted or server hosted? still dont know XD

As far as I know the versus games are server hosted and custom games are player hosted.

I don’t feel any difference between release and now.

I don’t feel any difference between announcement and now.

We still don’t have a complete and playable Reforged. Heck, it’s even worse now since Classic was effectively gutted.

All games are hosted by a proxy server:

so that means the proxy is going to another country with their main servers after? might explain it XD

makes it even worse if all is hosted by them

There’s two things to it.

Games are hosted by a player on a proxy server.
Players joining can be on a completely different proxy server.

The two proxy servers then communicate and you see the result. This is how they do OverWatch and it is also how they managed to get OverWatch to work regardless of your ping (their buffer is extremely effective). Sadly, it has not - so far - worked for Warcraft 3.
Part of the issue is likely that the host can get any of the 4 places in the world as Proxy server and so can the players joining. Meaning a European host can get an NA server and play against a Chinese on an EU server - should really just limit it to be region dependent instead and then we can listen to the amounts of whine about the queue time being atrocious instead. There’s not really any way to please people.

Well, game connecting me to a game where I have constant 500ms ping is more time consuming than the queue time. It is literally unplayable.
I would rather don’t play if I am gonna connect to those games. And this is happening almost 50 percent of the time. I stopped playing it and started to leave those games.

They should consider about “what a good maximum ping would be” and limit the matchmaking according to it instead of disregarding it completely. Thinking about this and fixing this should not and would not be hard.
Buuut they have more important things to work on right now I guess.