They Stole my WC3!

Context doesn’t save this game, I’m afraid.
Worst part is that it breaks your older versions rendering multiple Warcraft III installs unusable.

Deviating from the actual issues is also convenience for a personal narrative.

Only the Battle-net part. The rest is on us, LAN, mapping…

Maybe for you.

2 Likes

What I posted was the opposite of deviating. I posted in the context of this particular thread; the OP’s singular point. There are plenty of other threads that share your sentiments. Thus, plenty of places you can post those sentiments without hijacking.

Additionally, not having to repurchase the game isn’t a personal narrative. It’s reality, free from any personal narrative.

I have three of the last modern versions 1.27a, 1.27b, and 1.30. 1.30 asks if you want to update when launching the game. With “No” being a choice. 1.27a-b never ask unless trying to connect to battlenet. But regardless of the version, it’s going to act the same for everyone.

1 Like

Good for you. I have 1.27, 1.29.2, 1.30.4 and 1.31.1 of which only the last one asks me if I want to update in the game’s main menu.
I don’t care about B-net at this point anymore so I didn’t try that. Last time I went to B-net was before 1.32 came out.

What’s the build number of the 1.31.1?

If it’s 12173, that’s the PTR which shouldn’t be asking to update seeing it doesn’t contact the live servers. I even launched the PTR updater app and it didn’t ask/didn’t auto update.

Launch your older clients by the exe and you’ll never be asked for updates…

I did the searching. They’re gone. Every installer except Blizzard’s hidden 1.27 installers are installing the Reforged client.

False. 1.31 was asking to be updated to Reforged immediately upon launch even from the .exe.

I did the searching. They’re gone. Every installer except Blizzard’s hidden 1.27 installers are installing the Reforged client.

Not installers. Folders (or sometimes called backup). That’s what you need to look for. And I found them for versions 1.29, 1.30 and 1.31 at the top results…

I haven’t, unfortunately. If I had I’d have grabbed 1.29. I think those folders are gone too.

EDIT: Nvm. Found one. Gonna see if it works.

EDIT 2: Nope. After ending a pre-rendered cinematic the entire computer goes blackscreen and has to be restarted manually. Not worth it. I’ll stick with 1.27 I guess… though I am gonna miss the additional team colors and widescreen support from 1.29-onward.

I don’t use the PTR except for delicate cases due to B-net still working.
I mean, I’d use that for B-net. Haven’t yet. I was told it works.

as this guy said , the additional disk space does not need to pay

You still can. Just play a version of the game that came before the Reforged launch.