There is Currently no Legal Way to Play Warcraft

With the WC3 Reforged announcement, purchases for WC3 classic were disabled. However, unlike when Brood War was remastered, a free classic client was not made available.

This means that currently, if you did not own a physical CD key or were fortunate enough to buy the game before the announcement, there is no legal way to download and play WC3 either on battle.net or on a third party server like w3arena.

This is a pretty massive oversight, as obviously announcing a remastered would spark interest in the base game from people who want to start trying out ladder and custom maps now that they know WC3 has a future and an active playerbase.

11 Likes

I heard a rumor it might get released for free similar to scr, though not sure if its true

If that’s true so it will be so awesome.

Let us hope :pray: :walking_man:

I didn’t saw that. I agree it’s bad for new players, but it’s good for Blizzard because everyone will buy reforged version wich is 3 times more expensive then original version. Mind and money never enough :smile:

not really it was 20 dollars or 20 euros( you had to get both ROC and TFT)

1 Like

Damn I was looking forward to play WC3, guess I’ll have to wait…

1 Like

I did not bought Reforged yet but bought Warcraft 3 + TFT before it whas went down and I have still the option to install it from Account Settings.

You can play WC3 Monday. It’s a bug. You should have gotten and been able to play WC3 when you bought Reforged. Grubby tweeted this

3 Likes

news on this? I need to start now practising for my future w3 editor streamer career

1 Like

Im wondering the same.

Me too! I keep checking my account!

sooo? is blizzard going to dissapoint me again?

Can we bump this thread. I still have no gotten access to Warcraft 3.

It’s a good thing the DMCA just got updated 2 weeks ago, its now legal to download and crack abandoned games for local play. Have fun!

These new forums won’t let me link the source, google it.