The pleas of an veteran player

Hello there.
I realize that this single message isn’t going to change anything, and will most likely not be seen at all by either other players and most certainly not the developers of this game.
But I have some things I want to say either way, and they are things that many have already said.

What happened to Warcraft 3? The game that I basically grew up with, a safe haven that I could always return to whenever I needed to dip back into a classic story.

With the many changes to the lore that came to WoW over the years, WC3 was a game I could constantly return to to enjoy the old stories, the old voices.

And now, Reforged has changed so much. And funnily enough, I can still enjoy the game itself. The old graphics still hold up, it’s still fun to use the cheats, and hearing the old voices just makes me smile.

But I cannot stress enough how soured the entire thing has become, when the first thing I see when I press “play”, is a remade, boring, laggy menu.
Wheres the classic torn banner and thrown arrow-covered shield of Reign of Chaos? The actual foreboding rain and epic atmosphere?
Where is the chilling, and excellent spires of IceCrown for Frozen Throne? And of course, the campaign menus. They were simple, yes, but they were full 3D, beautiful scenes. So simple yet they did so much.

And what do we have now? Some stagnant, boring, slightly animated 2D pictures.

So what am I saying with all of this? I don’t care about the new menus. I don’t care what you do with them, I’m not even asking you to remove them.

All I am asking, is for the old menus to be an optional thing that you can switch to.
If that was an option, that would make me more happy than anything else.

Seriously tho, why is the main and campaign menus so freaking laggy? Game runs as smooth as always, but the menus are horrible.

Signed, an old player and lover of Warcraft 3.

P.S as I said I know that this probably will not be seen at all, I doubt anyone will, I just needed to get all of this out of my system, and since I can’t shoot a ticket their way, this is my best option. Have a good day everyone.

Hey JohnnyFerno,

About this:

This is true simply because of where you posted. The developers don’t collect feedback, suggestions, etc from the support based forums, such as Bug Report. And the QA teams that man this forum don’t act as liaisons to to the developers.

So in order to have a chance of it being seen, you want to post in a discussion based forum, such as General Discussion.