The greatest thing to ever happen to this game

Guys, I just found the most amazing mod for this game. I wasn’t going to buy this garbage before but the mod made me change my mind. So Blizzard, you can thank the modders and also go grab your notepad…

Mod is called Quenching. They don’t allow me to paste link but if you go on youtube and search for “wc3 quenching 1.21” it should be the first vid and they have all the details there to install it.

Vid don’t do it justice though, you have to try it yourself. It’s absolutely fantastic

1 Like

Yeah, thanks but no thanks. That still has reforged models, that look horrendous. Just because they added some grass and better shadows, the game doesn’t really become anything better than it is.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to defend anything, but i’m beginning to think most of you start to hate on the new graphics just for the sake of it.
Reforged graphics are not that bad when you get used to them, and Quenching Mod really does help the readability issue that has plagued Reforged for so long.
I’ve also discovered that using Quenching Mod and setting your Lighting Quality option to Low makes the game look nicer and cleaner and your units pop out even more.

2 Likes

Graphics are a subjective thing I guess. Though I believe most can agree that they are not Blizzard’s style and don’t fit the game. Don’t fit the genre in general, because their detail is lost in an RTS (that’s not anything like Total War).

Other than that though, Quenching doesn’t change the fact that this is still Reforged, with it’s boat load of problems. All the performance problems, bugs and missing content of the original.

If Blizzard would at least bring back Custom Campaigns, TRUE Classic mode, all the missing multiplayer features… I would consider it. As it is, I will keep my (G)old versions.

The new graphics are the least of this games problems.

3 Likes

I’ll be the first to say I MUCH prefer the cartoony old style (our best hope for this at this point is another mod called WC3 Rebirth but it’s not finished yet). At least reforged looks good now with Quenching. It’s at the visual quality level of Spellforce 3 instead of the disgusting mess blizzard made. They didn’t just add grass, they changed most of the props too, changed the light and added other effects. It makes the art style consistent and push to it another level.

So basically, If you’re dead set on the cartoon style, it won’t change your mind, but if you’re open to the semi-realistic thing Blizzard tried (and failed) to pull, this makes it worth experiencing it imo.

3 Likes

The guy just posted that he found a reason to play Warcraft III the way it is.
Stop ruining it for him or anyone else that enjoys playing the game.
Not everyone wants to play Ladder or Multiplayer for that matter.
Some people enjoy Warcraft III for the campaign, some enjoy it for the Custom Games.
Everyone plays the game differently.
This thread is not about the missing features here.

4 Likes

Well, fair enough. It’s just that for me, there’s something special about those (maybe silly looking) original models of the game. And quenching does look not bad, but I’d wish it had different unit models too…

You can enjoy the new graphics (and the extras like experimental custom campaigns) while using classic models: WCIII Reforged Graphics Mod: Quenching - #371 by Saido-21984

One has to own the Reforged upgrade though.

Classic graphics may be old, it’s true, but they are definitely not silly. I like them too. After all, these are the graphics we’ve been playing with all those years. And they are still there for anyone who wants them.
But i want something a bit different now and i am kind of fond of the new graphics as well.

1 Like

If you knew anything, the graphical choice was made to be in line with World of Warcraft, same with the small campaign changes. Why do you think the footmen and knights look the way they do?