The "Future of WarCraft" doesn't include fixing this mess

Say hello to the moneyyyyyy!

Edit: Actually, I thought “say hello to the money” was from a song, but I searched it and can’t find it so maybe I made that up.

Anyway, my general point would just be that maybe blizzard is celebrating moving on because they need the money.

Well, at least we know what does not belong to the Warcraft Universe: shame.

1 Like

I mean, it’s disappointing, but it is to be expected right? But hey, at least they were able to publish an article today about their “Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion” lead today, right? Because this is what the players want to see, right? :face_vomiting:

1 Like

In fairness they do, becuase half of the turmoil (for lack of a forum-safe term) that Activision has been subjected to is becuase of it failing on those very fronts.
(The other half being botched projects like this one)

1 Like

The worst part is this community has endured a lot and we aren’t asking for anything out of the realm of possibility with a little effort. There was a picture 2 years ago of the first pass of the profile. Add skill based matchmaking, give us the profile and maybe a balance patch and i’d say we’d be pretty happy.

This doesn’t include the easy fixes to there monetization problems. Take the auto refund away and lower the price to like $10 and monetize skins, loading frames and avatars.

Anyway I know war3champions has these but why not unite the playerbase, get some good will and fix a mistake.

IDK am I speaking crazy? It seems easy enough with a small team to implement to small changes to appease the community. Like even some communication would be nice… I mean we got pretty juiced up about the job posting and that wasn’t even that big of an announcement.

4 Likes

Or at least let the game be discounted on sales. Even the big “warcraft sale” excluded war3.

Even more amusing is if you want to dispute forum actions from here- there’s no category for Warcraft III, you have to select “other.”

2 Likes

speaking from my professional experience, the automatic refund is probably the reason they can’t give discounts. The refund could be coded poorly and instead of “give purchase price back” it might say give $30 or however much it is back.

Then they should fix their defective system and then offer the sales.

But are you saying they still automatically grant refunds to anyone who asks on war3? I don’t really think that’s necessary at this point, Most everyone who ever wanted one has already gotten one.

1 Like

Yes. At any time you can get a 100% refund.

But I agree those that wanted a refund already got it

1 Like

Yep, pretty much. I mean we know that there is no team since all those guys were fired in a layoff wave, if something is happening with the game then it won’t happen fast. With that said it would be great to hear something like “yeah, we didn’t forget about Reforged, we’re working on fixing stuff.”

As for appeasing the community I think that would take a bit more, not by much but for example here’s my wishlist:

• Restore missing features from the old game, especially custom campaigns and ranked.

• Finish the graphical upgrade, by that I mean doing the obviously missing ligthing rework for the updated graphics. That alone would make the new models look 10 times better, add some improvement to unit portrait animations and it’s fine.

• Some kind of engine update to the point where the new graphics don’t tank performance that much. There is clearly work to be done there.

• Change the price tag in order to reflect that Reforged is not a remake, just a graphical remaster.

• Optional +1: Change the menus and campaign screens into something that actually reminds me of the original game.

Now these are obviously not crazy expectations but they’d need an actual dev team to make this into a reality and that’s something they clearly don’t have now.

For no team they were still pushing out unannounced updates that broke the game even more before. This company needs to get over itself and assign someone to fix their embarrassment. There’s no excuses for this nonsense.

1 Like

There hasn’t been an update in nearly a year. that’s when the team was axed completely. Before that, they were working with maybe 4-5 people for a project that initallly demanded at least a couple dozen.

No actually, the last update was early December last year and August before that. ~June they broke game invites and joining.

Why even bother posting such a stupid comment? It’s obvious the poster was referring to an update with actual substance.

The thing that broke wasn’t even to do with the game itself, battle.net engineers were brought to do the bare minimum to ensure people can still play the game i.e. not upset more people than they already have.

You know well I meant the last update that actually changed anything, not that bug fix.

:thinking:
That wasn’t even what the post you replied to was talking about, very specifically.

I don’t care who did what. Small indie dev Blizzard could’ve thrown an intern at it ages ago.

Maybe. But this isn’t small indie dev blizzard anymore, it’s big corporate investor pleasing Activision.

I’d add “Remove the draconian Battle.net DRM from the game” to this list. They could do everything else you said, I’d be fine with that, but I’m not re-purchasing if they reserve the “right” to revoke my purchase without giving me back the money I spent.

If Warcraft is no longer part of the Warcraft universe future then there is nothing to fix.
You cant fix something if it does not exist right? :smiley:
Warcraft universe = World of warcraft, Heartstone and some new mobile game. What is some Warcraft