The Frozen Throne Campaign: Game crashes

Hi,
I’m here to report a situation that doesn’t allow me to play the game.
During the Night Elf campaing in The Frozen Throne, at mission 4 (the mission after the tomb of Sargeras level), I founded that isn’t possibile to play, because if I try to explore the map with my units and/or navigate the minimap the game crashes immediately.
I noticed that the crash seems cause by something in the map, it doesn’t care if the map is already discovered or not, I also tried the cheat for reveal the entire map and the game ugually crashed.
The crash occures only at this point, I haven’t noticed crashes during the entire Reign of Chaos campaing.
Like I said before, this situation doesn’t allow me to play the game, so at the moment I’m blocked and I can’t play.
I’ve already opened a ticket to support staff and now I’m here by their advice in order to make a direct report.

I’m available for any occurence and I will wait for support.
Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

I am having this exact same issue as well, crashing over and over on this same level.

2 Likes

I am having this issue not only in the Nelf campaing, its happening on the Belf campaing too.

2 Likes

Same issue for me with campaign crashes. I’ve had it happen twice when double clicking 1 to center the camera on that control group.

1 Like

If you need to get past a specific mission, see here:

I don’t have to get past a specific mission, I’m arrived at that point and now I’m stucked because I can’t go on (and I don’t want to use cheats).
I just want to continue the game normally.
At today the situation isn’t changed. During the last days I’ve talked with the support and they told me that the developers are still investigating the issue.
I’m very saddened because it’s passed a very large amount of time, in my opinion, and the problem is still not get solved. I paid for this game and I only want to have fun and continue the game playing the campaign.

I’m not dissapeared, sorry for the late.

1 Like

I’m getting the exact issue when testing from the editor. I’m also having a similar visibility-proximity issue with the rain effect on a custom map. Alternatively it could be ambience but it definitely seems to be weather related. Seems like rain is broken on TFT tilesets, is anyone else able to confirm this?

EDIT: I now have 100% confirmation it’s the rain that’s causing the crash. I disabled the trigger “The Storm” in the World Editor and the crash is completely gone. It’s something to do with the rain, I have an Outland map that’s got a similar issue, except it deadlocks instead of crashing.

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve tried to remove the rain but I still have the same issue…

I am having the same issue. I’ve been advised to reduce particle effects to minimum and try again. Has this worked for anyone?

2 Likes

Hi to everyone,
just a few minutes ago I’ve decided to retry, like I’m doing often since I experienced this issue, after the installation of the new update of Battle.net. I’m glad I can say that the issue was finallyfixed, probably the launcher updated the game also. First time I had this problem was on 27/07/2023.
Finally!

Some of these crashes are caused by having too many save files, this was aggrivated in Reforged by the introduction of the checkpoint autosave feature. if you’ve started fresh from a new install, this is probably why you avoided a crash.