The Culling 2018 Demo vs The Culling imported into Beta 2019

i love these comparison screen shots, as they show just how much unnecessary space the old UI takes up…

please, blizzard. add an option to switch between the 2 UI’s

2 Likes

That doesn’t help with the graphic concerns being brought up though: the only thing available in the beta right now (melee) looks bad.

Like I said, obviously they aren’t going to scrap all their graphical work on the culling (although 2019 does look worse than 2018 now). You said you used the old map, but it isn’t really the old map. It has all their work on the tile sets etc. from 2018 still in it.

1 Like

This is painful , just i want to ask any one support no change between reforged and classic; why then reforged project ???

why not simply remastered and finish it !!

why some people supporting no changing and even defending their thoughts while classic will be playable along side with reforged ???

all what i want from them just leave blizzard be creative in this project and make it suitable for what we paid and hoped for…

just go play classic and leave the best of reforged for people like us… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

What’s painful is how you guys lie and put on this act as if the graphics don’t look 100x better than the original game… and you lie and pretend like you’re getting ripped off when anyone with eyes can see reforged looks way better.

https://res.cloudinary.com/lmn/image/upload/fl_lossy,q_80/f_auto/v1/gameskinnyc/w/a/r/warcraft3-a80e2.jpg

vs

https://i.imgur.com/lPs9IVi.png

2 Likes

This is about 2018 vs 2019. This is not about classic vs reforged.

6 Likes

Well have you considered we never saw 2018 melee? So what exactly are you comparing 2019 melee to? The 2018 campaign, and I am showing here how the 2019 beta using old campaign maps looks much more similar even without new maps.

5 Likes

Don’t look similar. The comparion its more clear than ever, the 2018 DEMO looks so FAR Better.
The demo have better Shadows, Saturation match with Realistic Modern look of models and houses, better UI and Mini Map! Better Terrain, have post processing,bloom and high anti aliasing (Imagine with Ray Tracing…), have more detailed grass, the Trees is beautiful and have wind movement, and so much other things. That was just a brief summary of what’s best in the demo

8 Likes

It is the new map though. All their work on those 2018 tiles is still there in that picture you show for 2019.

Look at the minimap, my friend.

We don’t even have access to the reforged campaign, how would it be loaded up in the beta? This is the 2002 campaign map being loaded here in beta.

The layout of the base just happens to be the same, but not stratholme itself.

And if you’re so fooled into thinking this is the 2018 map, then it shows how close the 2019 game looks close enough for you to think they are the same.

1 Like

Trice this is why I stopped posting. You literally have to SPELL everything out to these people…

Props for keeping it up though…

4 Likes

You don’t understand. What I’m saying is of course the old map from before the 2018 demo is going to look better with the new assets because it has all the tileset upgrades from the 2018 beta. Is it really that unclear? Blizz already upgraded those tilesets.

I guess so since this guy doesn’t get it either.

Obviously I don’t need to compare it to 2018 melee. The goal should be to make melee look as good as the 2018 culling demo. That’s not a hard concept.

You also can’t say “without new maps” since that “old map” is using the updated tile sets from the 2018 demo except downgraded a bit as already discussed. The only thing “old” about that map is the layout.

Here’s what a mean: a true old map would be with none of the new assets. So just open up classic War3 and look at culling map.

If you load the culling map into our current beta, it’s no longer the old map. It’s now using the new art assets which were mostly completed in the 2018 demo we saw last year. Make sense? Why would those disappeared? You can see that they did get downgraded a bit though from 2018.

Their goal should be to make melee look as good as culling. This should be obvious. No comparison between campaign needed

The 2018 demo looks abhorrent and abominable. Depression-inducing and washed out. Not as crisp and clear.

Why is nobody complaining about the UI in SC2? A modern game, modern people, modern minds… And no complaining. But here, the UI is suddenly bad!

A mystery to me as well.

Are you both not realizing this is a custom map inserted into the Reforged client?

Because we got a taste of what a good UI is from the 2018 demo. You can’t want something you’re ignorant of. Would a caveman want electricity? No, he doesn’t know what that is.

1 Like

I was disgusted by the mere sight of it.

That UI was legit a reason for to suspect Grubby of shilling. No sane human bean can like the 2018 UI. The items are like in Dota2 lmao!

4 Likes

Although I have not played it much, DoTA 2 is a popular game for many reasons.

Your argument seems to be more like “We can’t lower ourselves to the standards of that filth” kind of like a noble looking at a peasant than any argument based on actual logic.

1 Like

No. I was solely talking about the item rows. Changing those makes no sense.

Although I abhor the current Dota2 look in everything, and much more prefer the 2012-2014 look.

1 Like

It’s hard to see the inventory because it always seems to be blocked by a streamer’s face. I assume it’s two horizontal rows instead of three vertical though.

Does it really not make sense changing those? Two horizontal rows vs two verticals? Saves screen space and could still be mapped to keys. What’s the problem?

In WC3? Never was the case.

The problem is muscle memory, of course, HawK is still using his mouse (please, don’t spoil the WGL).

1 Like

I meant in the 2018 demo videos.

I have no idea what WGL is but I think catering to one pro who just needs to learn how to adapt versus making something look better for maybe millions is not a good idea.