Terrible performance wth reforged graphics -SOLVED

the longer im into a game with reforged graphics, the worse the performance gets. micro stutters, fps rate decreases etc.

am i the only one?

To clarify: the longer WC3 runs or the longer the match goes?
If it is the second it is easily explainable because the longer the game goes, the units and the range of variety of units increase. Since Reforged has well detailed models it hits your FPS. Try lowering some GFX options like Lightning and Shadows.

Whats your system and whats your FPS?

the longer the match goes on. and my fps are 50-60 at begin ( limited to 60 fps) and after 3-4 minutes its like 10-40. mostly in the lower bracked.

i have already set everything to low. But since a couple of months path of exile runs terrible too. the same issue. the longer im actively playing the worse it becomes. half a year ago it was pretty smooth.

my settings:

But i do not know how i could check that

Processor: Intel Core i5-8250U 1,6 GHz - 3,4 GHz

Memory:8 GB DDr4

SSD: 256 GB

HDD: 1,5 TB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4 GB VRAM

This should run Reforged (and PoE) fine tbh.
Do you have more than 1 RAM module and is it in dual channel? Are you sure you are using your GFX card and not accidental put your monitor on the onboard GFX slot?
Maybe your computer temperature is rising the longer you play wich lowers the CPU clock to not overheat. Since it is getting warmer this scenario fits

i do not know where i can look this up.

But i do know that these game are using my Nvidia graphic card. i had that once on path of exile but i could change this.

is there a reliable way how to check if my laptop is overheating while playing a game?

I tried furmark once and the highest degrees have been 85° celsius

ty very much for the help so far :slight_smile:

You have a Laptop? Give me the name of it and I will check some stuff and how long do you own it? For now it really seems it gets too hot because it trottles (reduce clock) at 70°C :confused:

its a Medion erazer P6689 - MD 62500

I bought this one december 2018. I also did play a lot since then.

If its overheating indeed i guess i cant fix the problem this easy :confused:

Thanks. I will look some stuff up and will write you later.

Cleaning is really easy. You can also underclock your CPU on warm days.

ty so much. My knowledge is really limited when it comes to technical stuff^^

Ask friends and family. Usually someone knows how to clean laptops and if not bring it to a computer shop. Won’t cost much.

Now do the following to clarify if its a thermal issue first:

• Google for AIDA64 and download the “AIDA64 Extreme for home - zip” - its the second from the top.

• When the program runs, click at the top on “tools” and then on “System Stability Test”. (my version is in another Language so it could be named differently)

• Now a new screen with 2 graphs opened. Maximize the Window so it records longer. The bottom graph is interesting. It shows the Usuage of your CPU in yellow and the green line should stay on 0% because this is the throttling.

• Have this up and play a game. After the game you look at the lower graph again. If the green graph went up and down the CPU is overheating. You can also uncheck everything in the top left corner but “stress CPU” and click on the bottom left corner on “Start” but this is hardly a real life scenario what will get tested

Write me if it is an overheating problem and we will look what you can do

okay according to the program my CPU is definitely overheating.

i would suggest that changing the thermal paste could be an idea.

Yes. And cleaning the dust and stuff. Try to figure out how to underclock your CPU and GFX on war days so it won’t get that hot and runs overall faster.
for CPU i suggest to use “Intel® Performance Maximizer” and GFX “MSI Afterburner”. If you want me to help you out more add me on Discord
(PM me)

GL mate

Thank u so much! Now i finally know what to do :slight_smile:

It always helps to know what exactly is wrong. Wish you good luck

1 Like

It could be the games are using your Intel instead of nvidia. Its a gaming laptop “thing”. That would explain the performance issue. It would explain the overheating also. Because the games are forcing the Intel to work extra hard. I would check for that before opening it up, and applying thermal paste.

Ty for ur answer! I already checked that the game is using my nvidia so thats fine. I’m pretty sure that my laptop is overheating. But i’m too busy atm to open it and will try that later on.