Sylvanas model feedback

Stop! Your “Don’t change my game” stuff is ruining more and more of the Reforged. You’re the reason of all our problems

2 Likes

I disagree. I like the current models both for hero and non-hero undead version of Sylvanas. Please keep her this way.

3 Likes

Oh and I am sure Blizzard needed my opinion alone to make their own decisions.

Oh wait no they decided all alone that they would not be retconning WoW sorry bro.

That happened because of how toxic Warcraft comunity is. I clearly remember how much you’re all was hating the decision to make cutscenes look special,and how you’re all was screaming about how bad WoW retcons and novels are
And now,because of you we will have terrible “Classic” cutscenes and “Classic” story

1 Like

So, your evidence that they are pandering to BFA is the fact that they’ll use a design that’s been standard, across multiple genres (MMO and TCG), for 12 of the past 16 years (so, 75% of her canonical existence). Also ignoring the fact that they just used the standard Dark Ranger model because she is the only one that appears in the campaign, and there would be no need to make her a unique model? And because vanilla WoW had it, any change is pandering?

Bruh, that’s not how this works. It’s not how any of this works.

4 Likes

I think you will find you are asking them to change the past based on what outfit she is wearing near the end of the timeline is just plain stupid.

Timeline: Warcraft 3 — WoW Classic — TBC — WOTLK etc

My point is precisely Reforged = Warcraft 3.
Whatever designs they settle on the character should LOOK like she would if she was in that time period.

If anything:

Proves exactly what I am saying.
We are talking about Sylvanas in the first part of her history. Not the last part.

Warcraft 3 leads into Classic WoW.
Not Burning Crusade, not Wrath of the Lich King or any other expansion.
Classic WoW.

if you can’t grasp that – I don’t see how that is my fault? xD

Yes after Blizzcon 2018 we all came on here and voiced our opinions.
Which is exactly what your toxic WoW community is doing at this moment in time.

Only difference is you are one year too late.
We voiced our concerns at the appropriate time.

We are like 1 month from release and NOW you guys are JUST expressing your opinions? Kind of late.

And anyway – if this is supposed to ‘bridge the gap between Warcraft 3 and WoW.’ Then the point I am making would make even more sense for it to be this way.

2 Likes

I took a look at some of the wow images, yeah no Sylvanas in wc3 still has simpler Clothing and Armor and Bow. and this is not because of the games simplistic graphics. i’m just telling this based on what i see her actual kit is. her style is entirely different compared to any wow model she has. old or new.

but regardless of that her Bow in some of those old wow expansions look more simple then the Reforged version.

This is Sylvanas from Legion expansion

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16ThedH6i3QBr7WqWwLhaLw-3tjqigH87

So like what, she is using modern wow oversized skeleton bow ? why doesn’t Warcraft 3 Reforged models at least keep some consistency with the Warcraft time lines, is the part i’m really unable to wrap my head around.

Her original Warcraft 3 Bow also had a very small dark tainted energy and both ends of her bow had a team color glow touch to it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h2WGQjOppv0nQXTy4MEm9j9v4uanv2Xr

Her stomach was not open and she is wearing old torn apart pants, and one major thing to note is that her cape is attached to one her shoulders.

I really think a Reforged quality model trying to imitate this design can knock it out of the park and really make something extremely unique for Reforged.

A model that is just unique, it doesn’t look half modern wow. half old wow. it would be the Sylvanas of 10 years ago during the events until she got to reclaim Lordearon and then get some proper armor for herself in Wow.

And also using the already Reforged white ghost model, which i noticed now its already made. instead of that straight up BFA banshee form. and again, it isn’t bad because its BFA its bad because it feel uncomfortable to see a new form of her revealed to us through wow to just be there at her fingertips in Wc3 10 years ago.

3 Likes

That dark ranger looks ok, but I dont like that banshee form, I dont know whats canon and what not, but I liked that part about her having to get her body back, so it was obvious she was just slightly different banshee …

So making unique banshee model instead of dark ranger with farts behind her would be much better … or maybe its just different ranger variant or something …

Finally someone who grasps the point I am trying to make.

This is exactly what I am referring to.
Personally I do not like Sylvanas and I really don’t care what outfit she is wearing.

But what I do care about is consistency, and if Warcraft 3 events are before WoW Classic then I want to see that character represented as at that stage of the timeline.

1 Like

The ones that were in Warcraft 3?

4 Likes

Find something better to do with your life than sift through threads looking for things to poke at people with :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Wow, yeah… I have no words about that neither :sweat_smile:

It’s not my fault people have really bad aim with their biases.

You’re ruining a great game,making it just a reskin of the original,with nothing new or original.
If you like classic so much - Go on and play the old one,It’s still there! People wants something new! They want Different looking Dreadlords,they want to see Khel’tas’s father,they want to see new storytelling or scenes from oficial Books,like “Rise of the Lich King”

2 Likes

I just had a look at her model in the links provided by OP, she looks amaizing to me. Just how I would immagine an undead elf archer to look like.

It’s not like you few guys from the Warcraft discord don’t do the same here. :kissing_heart:

It’s good that you guys at least keep insults there.

Well, they revised Sylvanas’ model. That doesn’t mean she aged, lol. I mean, in classic WC3, she’s just a wraith when Arthas corrupted her. The bow that looks like plates/row of bones, is most likely an added detail since they have never thought of it before - no one did - and just used a normal-looking bow. In other words: progress.

That doesn’t explain why in early wow she has her bow. even in the cinmatic of her that fight genn greymane she does not have a skeleton bow.

you’ve been caught red handed this time :smile:

This pretty much explains the devs just handed over a modern sylvanas art to lemonsky and said make this for reforged except with open belly.

Sorry. I’m not keen with WoW lore, since I have never played it before. But I do follow some of the stories by reading the Fandom (formerly Wikia), and watching cinematics and cutscenes on YouTube. The first time I saw Sylvanas with her skeleton bow is when she and Alduin met face-to-face head on; remember her screaming “For the Horde!”.

I don’t really know what I’m caught red-handed for since I’m technically not lying about anything, and that’s is my assumption.

that was just a poke don’t take it too serious. however i did rewatch her fight with genn just now and i was actually wrong. there is still a skeleton bow. but larger chunks of armor covering the bow made it hard to see, so my mistake.

but again, my opinion is for her, to probably just have her old elven bow just darker. the elven bow she uses in the Reforged non undead version of her.

just redesigned to look more dark, and excuse me but i think her classic bow is still supirior because of the tainted dark energy and the team color glow at both ends.