Suggestion: Beginner player UX

For beginner players who do not yet use keyboard shortcuts:

Suggestion 1: Pop-Up UI

Right clicking on a unit will show pop-up with skills & spells. For example, right-clicking on bear would show pop up with Roar, Rejuvenation and Bear Form. This will only positively impact new players, with no impact on experienced players.

Pros:

• Far less moving the mouse back and forth to the bottom of the screen.
  • Will make the game easier to learn.
  • Will help newer players get a little less crushed.

As heroes have a larger pop-up (skills and items), potentially make pop-up semi-transparent to not hide the battle.

Suggestion 2: Show shortcut letters

Provide an option (in menu) to show small shortcut letters on all icons in menus, as opposed to only when hovering when mouse. Will make learning shortcuts faster.

etc. :slight_smile:

What do you guys think about the minimap size? Do you think it’s decent or should be resizable by menu? For 1v1 maps, I guess it’s okay, but it’s very small on 3v3 or 4v4 maps… Hard to figure out anything on it.

New players shouldn’t be learning shortcuts. They should turn on Grid hotkey mode in the settings menu, so that they instantly know all shortcuts for all units, at all times.

In this game, right-click already has a meaning for all units at all times. So for experienced players, you’re talking about blocking out or removing a right-click functionality that they are used to. Removing functionality or covering it over with new behaviors should be highly optional and only enabled if desired by the player.

Edit:
Your post comes across as being very out-of-touch with the technical debts that probably plague this game. Personally I find it unlikely that spare cycles will be spent on superfluous features instead of on getting core game components to work in an ideal way that have had bugs or regressions introduced – of which there are many, dating all the way back to 2020 when Reforged released. Then again, I guess they made that new replay UI recently, so the developers of the game might also not care about issues or missing functionalities, so maybe I’m wrong.

1 Like