Stutter/lags and random disconnects

Dear Everyone,

I have been experiencing the following while playing the online multiplayer mode.

• “Microfreezes” 1 game out of two, as an average. One can clearly see that the image freezes for half a second, every 2-3 seconds. Hosting a custom game myself solves the issue, while joining a custom game hosted by a friend results 100% of the time in having the microfreezes come back.

• Random disconnections from games, roughly 1 game out of three. I am being sent to the final scores screen while playing normally.

I am mostly playing with Reforged graphics enabled. Though I haven’t bee using classic graphics much, it seems to be reducing the amount of random disconnections, while the microfreezes still occur with the same frequency.

My config:

• Core i7-9750H
  • GeForce RTX2080 MaxQ
  • 16 Go RAM
  • All drivers are up to date
  • Al graphic settings to high

With my anticipated thanks for your support.

MB

1 Like

Check your Nvdia control panel settings.

1. Make sure it’s all set to Nvdia or whatever GPU card setting you may have.
  2. If you have Gsync, pioritise that and turn off your Vsync in both the Control Panel and ingame settings of reforged as Gysync contradicts Vsync.
  3. If it doesn’t work or you prefer Vsync, make sure you turn off Gsync as once again, those 2 clash with each other.
  4. Turn off Alias FXAA in Nvdia settings and use the anti-alias only in Reforged.
  5. Basically isolate settings to Reforged if applicable.
  6. This one’s a bubble setting. In Control Panel, select “Let 3d Performance panel decide” and it will let Reforged decide what settings to use, however, it’s still best to use that while turning off Anti- Alias outside of Refroged while tuning Gsync and Vsync. Phew

Hi Darkheroes, thanks for the help. I had already most of these boxes ticked other than the « let decide » option, which I selected, without success unfortunately.

I could determine that the disconnects were more linked to internet instabilities than anything else, but I’m still scratching my head about the mini freezes.

I tried spending a bit more time running classic graphics, with no improvement.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I forgot that there’s no “drop shield” in this version. If your internet cuts out or it pings high enough, you’ll get instantly dropped. Back in the classic version it had Drop shield- that’s what prevented the drops from internet spikes. It gave you like 1 minute to reconnect and you were back in the game. I’m not sure why they removed that implementation or just didn’t code it in yet into the Reforged version.