Stop- take a moment, and-

Cheers. I don’t have much feedback for Reforged specifically (and have slowed down playing Warcraft 3 a bit since I’ve been dipping a toe into several other games) since there’s been no new reveals or announcements about it. But if I can make someone chuckle without being a complete toad of myself, though I’ll take half or quarter-toading, then it’s a win in my books.

1 Like

well, myself i’d like to have more informations about reforged since i planned on pre-purchasing it. but for now i’m just waiting patiently. shrug
about the game itself, i don’t have much to say except that some models and the UI need improvement. but otherwise i’m not really complaining.

The visuals are a definite WIP and I know I have the tweaks I’d make if I was at the helm, but they’re tremendously small and nitpicky. At least for models and unit fantasy portrayal or whatever you want to call ‘this doesn’t look exactly like how I think it would’.

Biggest thing about the UI for me is, like I’ve seen in a few other posts from folks, that the portraits aren’t framed and the portrait model is very distant from the camera. Not as much of a closeup on the face as we’re used to. It looks strange but I’m holding out hope since they said the UI is going to be more customizable. And something about being modular, I think?

1 Like

yeah, i got the exact same thought as you for the UI. it looks kinda weird to me.

It looks like the design document’s header was: “Give players more screen real estate for the actual gameplay area” but the current result of that is a bit… drifty? I feel like, watching Culling footage, my eye gets lost or distracted a bit easier than the current WC3 UI just because of the stronger, bolder framing.

To every retarded white knight over there, if Blizzard is so willing to work with us for reforged, let us ask ourselves the following questions:

• what were the issues that needed immediate fix?
  • what areas could have been improved?

Now, understandably, we will have pool of suggestions like host bots, hackers, leavers, chat channels, ping, clans, port forwarding… etc. Many, and it is understandable that this will take the DEV team quite time specially they are working with legacy code.

What areas did the dev team actually work?

• bad LV maps
  • bad balance changes
  • removing hostbots before providing full functionality replacement
  • consistently breaking custom game maps
  • desyncs

Main issue for most if not all of these is that Blizzard does not give a flying f* about community. PTR is clearly not doing its job at all. It is purely dead server that barely host any games if any and that is understandable. People do not want to be testers, they want to enjoy a product that they payed for. If Blizzard is not willing to provide the DEV team with QA team and load tests, then screw them.

The way the game is handled proves that community has nearly 0% contribution (except from some babyraging from ToD on Mat Morris) .Prove? Patching 1.30.2 on Friday evening, game in breaking state during weekend, we might understand that they were under tight schedule because of reforge buyers to have access to current game. But doing it again on 1.30.3? That’s simply called spitting on our faces.

Blizzard has the ability to outsource most of the art work to Malaysian company to reduce costs, then how about outsourcing QA too? At this point they are just
being cheap a* to make quick cash grab.

I gave up hope on Blizzard fixing the game, I come to forums to laugh at you white knights defending this bull crap.

5 Likes

i don’t play multiplayer so idk

Well then you f’cked up a little bit don’t you think? Lets “take a crack at common sense”, both of us, shall we? Do you really think that trolling angry people would make them calm down and think rationally?

At first I was like, “hey guys, lets just ignore him”, but oh boy you sure rustled some jimmies, and here we are. Devs don’t even read the forums, I dont know if the community manager was fired or he called it quits with only 11m read time… if they don’t care, why would anyone care? And the frustration is building up, and your trolling (not only your trolling, there are a few names too) is adding fire to that frustration. Anyway, I gave up on this game already, and I’m probably not going to buy Reforged.

if you want to spit at each other, then do it cuz i couldn’t care less.
just to let you know that i don’t want to fight with anyone.

What is the basis for the assumption that they are not working on anything else?

The functionality for custom games is going to be quite different, from what I understand. The preparation for this new system would most likely conflict with the way hostbots operate. This should be a fairly easy connection to make.

What on earth makes you think that they broke ANY map intentionally? And that they are not trying to keep that from happening? Do you HONESTLY believe that the devs are evil and are actively trying to make you miserable?

Read above.

Let me go check that “pete stillborn” thread for a reason why Blizzard should care about the community on this forum. I’ll get back to you on that.

Thank you very much for agreeing with one of the major points I have been bringing up.

This shows that your enemy is not the dev team, but the higher-ups at Blizzard. Why not direct your ire there, instead?

I don’t have an answer for that one. My logical assumption is that there is a logical reason behind it, as is usually the case, but this could in fact be an act of spite towards the people hurling bile at them. It is possible. But very, very unlikely.

Yes, the corporate suits at Actibliz are out there for the money and do not care about you. This is well known. If you have a problem with that, I’ll be happy to join you, because they probably DO get off to the thought of gamers being unhappy. Why are you directing your vitriol at the people who are just as much (if not more) victims of the corporate machine, when the corporate machine is just there laughing at you?

Well, it’ll be fixed sooner or later regardless of what you hope for, so there’s that at least.

OH YEAH? WELL UR MOM!

Sorry, couldn’t resist. Sometimes /popcorn is the best way to go.

1 Like

well, i’m okay with that XD

Well, Greetings Sir DaesLune, I’m honored by your presence

Before I say anything let me say that I have no personal vendetta against Pete or DEV team. My main issue is with the abomination called Blizzard or modernly “Activison-Blizzard”. So feel free to drop your sword, helmet and armor.

If you actually bothered reading my post instead of cherry picking one liner replies you would have seen that I said it is understandable that DEV team will have a hard time since they work without QA and with legacy code they mostly were not part of it. But I’ll pardon you, that helmet was so thick you could see anything below your nose.

Main issues with this abominations is the following

• terrible terrible communications on what is going on

one time Petty was in an interview speaking about reforged and he said that he was seeing posts in forums that people asking, questioning about stuff and he was like “I wanted to reply and say awesome things on the way but still we need to wait… etc”. Why? Why is it so hard to answer some basic questions about what was broken in custom game or ladder during 1.29 and 1.30 before reforged announcement? We had 0 idea on what was being made behind the scene and all is masked with “reforged” which is utter crap. We were not asking about remaster or remake, we were asking about functionality that was broken after patch releasing.

You say that Blizzard is not communicating or involving community because of likes of s3xytime famous thread? You can’t be serious masking the whole community with s3xytime behavior. Though I do not agree with the method he uses, I totally cannot blame him, we all feel this frustration about breaking something we have been using for years and years. Saying that it is natural because of legacy code and etc, that is not an excuse (again before making one liner reply I’m talking about the cooperation not DEV team). We are basically alpha testers for a rushed product.

There is zero logical reason for another Friday evening release. I work in a similar environment where we make releases and rule number one, never make a release when you are off next day. Rule number two, if something goes bad in first release, you make sure the conditions that lead to the first disaster never ever happen again. Clearly, neither of these two rules are implemented by Blizzard. I know you do not mean it about Blizzard making act of spite with this release but this will hilarious that DEV team is having vendetta with 15-20 people at forums that they are screwing over 10K players still play the game.

• being greedy to provide lower than minimum requirement for a team to work on this product and deliver it ASAP for quick cash grab.

Regarding your discussion about breaking custom games, desyncs and all. Of course they are going to be unintentional by DEV team, but by a cooperation providing this poor development environment, then it becomes sort of intentional.

3 Likes

you sed so much while saying absolutely nothing, amazing.

OP should have read his own post. :joy:

KingOmelette is a payed Blizzard Employee do not mind him, his job is just stopping the critics given.

1 Like

Are you S3xytimes second account or are you just unaware that there are people actually being able to have civil discussions?

Why would a company EVER care about someone just harassing and blaming everyone else? Your logic is totally flawed. Please reflect yourself.

there is no excuse for the balance issues or why it takes 6-12 months to release a patch to bring at least some sense back into the balance.

even big names like grubby and back2warcraft and moon have commented that blizzard is taking waaayyyyy too long to address balance issues.

1 Like

Check his posts before attacking, he is only acting as Blizzard’s lawyer (he doesnt know laws btw I can say that for sure as a lawyer myself) and/or paid troll

1 Like

Orange, High Templar originaly has orange eyes. For me as SC fan it doest matter HT has blue, red or orange eyes lol, Tassadar has blue, who cares!? If I want orange eye I just play oryginal version lol, they listen purists and fanatical fans who cared about f… eye colors istead of real game improvements; more units selection cap, automine, multi bulding selection, zoom out options, some balance fixes like Ghost, Scout, more smart moving…, finally no new comers come due to archaic mechanics and people are too scary to play this very hard mechanic game , purists get bored, game is near DEAD. GJ!

And did they comment in an ill-mannered and rude way then?

The point of this thread is not to decide whether or not Blizzard is doing their job right, but to point out that some people behave like jerks.

Whatever the reason, mate. There is no excuse for acting like an entitled child or a rude troll.

People may be pissed, but that is no reason to abandon civilised manners and to harrass and insult other people. It doesn’t work IRL, I don’t see why it would be excusable online.