South America server

Hi, so I just bought this game from Argentina and I realized that we do not have a Latin America Server… so how am I supposed to play this game with so high ping? I can’t even find a game because of the high ping… Can someone from the core team give me an explanation??

1 Like

For the record War3 never had any SA server nodes, even before Reforged. So you’re kinda out of luck- if ping is making things too difficult, best just refund and move on, sadly.

Even if we get any sort of better support out of Activision, there’s little chance of servers in regions that don’t currently have any.

Pre-reforged (and pre Reforged prepatches) we using individual user computers as the servers, so as long as there were players who knew how to Port Forward in South America then there would have been “servers” in South America back then. Not in the sense that Activision ever rented any hardware down there, but the ping may have been better. (I don’t live there and I don’t know by experience, but this is how I understood the game to work.)

Well that’s the same problem that whoever doesn’t live in 10 meters range from a blizzard server is having since 3 years…

I passed from a stable 10 to the usual 200+disconnect…

It’s worthless to play on bnet.

Well to be more precise, the in-game networking is peer-to-peer, there is no server at all- all clients send their information to all other clients (which is why the game stops for everyone when one person is lagging)

But aside from that, the game still relied on a server for matchmaking and account purposes. Battle.net originally simply had US West, US East, Europe, and Asia gateways. There was no gateway in South America, and there still isn’t (but it’s now just “The Americas” instead of US West/East). But depending on the game there are servers in various locations.

Have you actually checked recently? Not sure where you’re located, but my ping averages have cut in half since they added the chicago server (which it should, since it’s ~50% closer). Northeast US here, ping went from near 100 most games to 50-60.