So, You want to build a little hype?

I like this game, always have. love the art, the sounds, the Easter eggs, the epic feel it’s always had, just all of it. These days however the hype train for this game that i so thoroughly enjoy seems to be running low on steam s, respectfully, let me make a few suggestions.

Update some of your media Blizz.
The Youtube and facebook channels are perfect sources of hype and advertisement and you’re kinda losing out on a decent opportunity there.

The concept art that keeps popping up in interviews and the hive…
Put some of that art into the media section of the main site. Maybe even add on to it a little eh?

Give us a little news. I’m not going whine for news (there’s a dozen threads that revolve around that…) but at the rate things are going we’re going from anticipation to pure apathy here.
You don’t need to give up a lot either, people will settle for some pretty pathetic scraps of info when there’s enough interest (and some of us are still pretty freaking interested!)

Take some ques from SC2.
They hyped the holy living hell out of that game (and rightly so, it’s excellent) I remember going back to the site for that game all the time hoping to catch a glimpse of what was coming. Every time they updated it with the tech trees, and the guides, and the concept art, and the screencaps, and the trailers, and the fan art and just everything else it built that hype even further.

I’m not saying you “NEED” to do any of this but, it might prove beneficial.
Unless of course the plan is to go for pure suspense, in which case grats we’re all in suspense so much so that a lot of people have gone clear into suspicion or general disinterest.

SO FIRE UP THAT HYPE TRAIN AND RIDE IT INTO THE FREAKING SUN!

12 Likes

Actually, I think they want the opposite of hype.

Which is the reason they aren’t posting stuff up.

I mean, it all looks like they’re doing a bad job of hyping, but if you look at it another way, they’re doing a great job not hyping the game.

3 Likes

The only reasons I could imagine them not wanting to hype it up are…well, frankly concerning.

4 Likes

Well, I think they didn’t expect to get as much blowback as they did in the months following the announcement.

Let’s see, it’s been 4v4 balance whining, complaints about host-bot removal, AT connection issues, people not being able to find/buy original Warcraft 3, Arthas’ giant shoulders, and Keeper of the Grove balance awesomeness.

I’ve said it before, but I just think screenshots aren’t gonna do much except add fuel to the fire. We’re already not very happy about the graphics in general, there’s really nothing positive to screenshots that will keep us sated. Best to just announce a beta when they’re ready and let the wildfires spread, as expected. No need to pre-empt it.

3 Likes

Sad but true…

1 Like

Well, what if they decide to post ‘We heard your feedback and here we reintroduce you the RE-REFORGED Footman’ that has got it’s style back

2 Likes

About the same chances of them saying ‘We heard your feedback, and here is Warcraft 4’.

2 Likes

“We’ve decided to put Reforged on hold in order to reveal Diablo 2: Remastered.”

2 Likes

… for Mobile Only!

2 Likes

You know if they changed it so you got gold on pickup, your characters aren’t deleted every 90 days of inactivity, and expanded stash space I’d be down.

(And a shared stash too.)

1 Like

The point here is that there’s a fairly solid opportunity here that’s not being taken advantage of and it is somewhat confusing.

We’re all here because we like the game right?
and we’re all willing to gripe about the balance patches because we want the game to be at it’s best, right?

So the interest is certainly there, why don’t they fan it a little unless there’s some sort of plan or something has gone awry…

3 Likes

Shared stash is a must. I can’t count all the times I’ve lost items to the drop-and-mule method…

1 Like

Exactly… And they are after all a company that makes games to sell for money… more news could make more people preorder… etc…

2 Likes

To this I agree.

i’m not going to sit here and demand news and updates like some over entitled kid looking for a “safe-space” (shudders) but I will certainly comment on the strange silence that’s been settling in.

I see my mortal enemy

I don’t even know how they could keep us updated when a lot of the people fired were from public relations and community managers.

The hype and quality of sc2 were from the old blizzard, right now i am growing more suspicious of this remaster/remake by the day and i am pretty sure that it will be a mediocre project at best, super glad if i’ll end up proved wrong

3 Likes

TBH it’s coming at us at a mediocre price too. Honestly I haven’t set a very high bar for what to expect out of this project. World editor updates and more model variations are pretty much all I’m asking for at this point. I don’t know what they’re even attempting with the gameplay balance changes that are in play right now

2 Likes

Strictly speaking the price isn’t all that mediocre all things considered.

Given how you could at one point buy a physical copy of the original game and it’s expansion for 15$ total at retail, 30-45$ (went with the 45$ myself) is a great price for consumers. Particularly when the average remaster can set you back 60-120-ish$

Now when you put that in with the fact that blzz doesn’t need to sweat publishing and the fact that they likely don’t have plans for a physical release…
It means that the company does not have to worry about online and physical retailers taking massive cuts (Steam and it’s ludicrous 30% cut…) out of their overall profit. meaning that at 30-45$ they won’t exactly be making this game at a profit loss.

What I meant by mediocre price is that its not premium priced, which goes with the idea that the graphics we have arent ideally premium either since they are being outsourced rather than getting the dedicated love a game like Overwatch or Heroes gets in the art department. I mean the graphics are good quality, but they arent exactly the premium remake in the Warcraft style that many were eexpecting, and thats all okay because its not a $60-80 game.

Mmh… In that case, I think I’d rather pay $60 :slight_smile:
And $20 more to have WC1 and WC2 assets as well!