Simple Request - Preserve old Warcraft 3

Hi Blizzard,

I have bought your Reforged game, don’t mind the bugs, not gonna refund it and stuff, however I have one big issue. I do not understand the reason why have you removed old version of Warcraft 3. It’s now a work of art, part of history and should be preserved. Please provide us with possibility to still download old version of the game, prior to new launcher update. We have actually paid for this game, the same as we paid for Reforged. And we want to have both available.

10 Likes

damn true bro!

Yeah seriously, Blizzard. Provide like a 1.27b version or something (Whatever the last version was before some of the bigger changes to the game). I really like would like to be able to continue to play the actual game (ESPECIALLY THE CAMPAIGN) I paid for years ago, without it being forced to the new version with all its changes and such.
Please consider this. All you have to do is host an executable for those who have CD-keys.

1 Like

Please bring back Warcraft 3 TFT, Blizzard. Why replace the old good classic WC3 with this unfinished product.

Blizzard will never allow the community to split. They want to monetize the new client. If they re-released a classic client, they would have to revert all the changes made as well as admit that they spent the last few years developing an abomination no one wants. Even if they did bring back the old client, they would never revert to the old Battlenet terms of service. Customs would still be dead.

You can’t play the old client officially, but what you can do is download it yourself. Check out this thread: For those who want to play Classic Warcraft 3 - #35 by Osty-1192