Shift Key not working since yesterday's update

Yep! Me too!

Any idea how to que towers to be built in mauls on macbook? It is just shift click to build back to back on pc quickly, but shift click does nothing on mac for this?

Are all of you guys using MAC? Or are some of you using PC?

In fact, MAC have a lot of severe problem that PC don’t have. But you have ignore it.

For example, “Use command as control” is not working correctly since patch 1.32.2. However, after a month, the problem still not fix in 1.32.3. A lot of people mentioned this issue in Bug Report, But nobody respond.

What’s more, The issue “Menu UI experiences low performance at 1440p and above” exist since Warcraft III reforged Beta for Mac. But after three month, this problem still exist.

Now, I really want to ask you this question. Do you use Mac when you test the game?

I have the same issue (playing on MAC, with external keyboard). It affects shift and control keys.

But e.g. I can set a control group using ‘ctrl + number’, but I can’t ‘ctrl + click’ to select all units of the same type.

What OS are you guys on?

I use MacOS. And this is some questions mac have.

In fact, MAC have a lot of severe problem that PC don’t have. But you have ignore it.

For example, “Use command as control” is not working correctly since patch 1.32.2. However, after a month, the problem still not fix in 1.32.3. A lot of people mentioned this issue in Bug Report, But nobody respond.

What’s more, The issue “Menu UI experiences low performance at 1440p and above” exist since Warcraft III reforged Beta for Mac. But after three month, this problem still exist.

Now, I really want to ask you this question. Do you use Mac when you test the game?

1 Like

I’m also on a mac - I get this issue intermittently. The only way to fix it seems to be to completely reboot the computer. Once it starts happening, it seems to be more or less permanent, but what causes it to start happening is a total mystery.

It’s very odd because it persists outside of the current battle.net instance or anything - perhaps there’s some system daemon the game is connecting to that has permanently gone down?

1 Like

I had the same problem with shift. You need accept warcraft 3 in system preference -> privacy.

And disable OS hotkeys.

1 Like

May I ask you where exactly, in Accessibility? I mean is it necessary to add it somewhere else?
Because I have it there (Accessibility section) ticked up but still Shift doesn’t work. Even with disabled OS hotkeys in the the game settings.

So latest update (1.32.5) works BUT only for a while. Don’t know what has happened but it suddenly stopped working. So we are back on start.

Did anyone get this to work? I have tried everything with privacy/accessibility access etc, however, I cannot use shift to add/remove units from a group. Makes it really awkward to do anything quickly in that regards.

I am on MacOS Catalina, 10.15.4

I am on MacOS Catalina, 10.15.4 and Shift key does not work to add/remove units from a group.

1 Like

This is insanely annoying. I have to keep quitting and restarting when this happens.

for the first time this bug happened to me today.
ctrl+click and shift+click had no effect.
closing wc3 and restarting didn’t solve.
i could type aaaaAAAA in the chat but couldn’t issue queue commands, or add new units to existing groups, or select units of the same type, or issue sub-order commands, or remove units from existing group.

restarting my macbook pro 13" 2020 didn’t solve the issue, at first, i needed to restart again…

mac os 10.15.5 (19F101)
wc3 1.32.6.15355

Have the same problem - MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. Shift works as expected in OS, but not in game.
I really not understand how such bugs can present in WC3, do you guys test it or not before rolling out new patches? The other “wunderbar” things is that fix is not present yet!

1 Like

In Terminal:

defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool YES

works for me

3 Likes

Has anybody every worked out a fix for this? I am still the same many months later.

Ironically, everything works perfectly on my Macbook Pro, however, using my external keyboard on my Mac Pro, does not work. Very frustrating.

I have the same issue. The shift key does not queue at all, and it is making the game very unpleasant to play on my Mac. I’m currently running Big Sur 11.6 with this issue. @Blizzard: Any fix planned for this?