Saving Singleplayer Custom Games

When 1993 has more endearing gameplay than a game from 2020, yikes.

Nobody is happy that we can’t save our bloody games, of which can take days to complete and cannot be helped by a measly 3 pauses. For a game like overwatch where the rounds are quick making it all online is really the only way to go, but these custom games can take a rediculous amount of time. Whoever made the call to prevent people EVEN WHILE OFFLINE FROM BATTLE.NET from saving their games is singlehandedly preventing thousands of dollars of revenue in sales from other long time fans of the franchise. Saving our games is what kept my dad in his wooden chair for 12 hours addicted to the game in '93, and its silent people like him who are not going to be buying this game because of this decision. Can confirm at least 3 people I know are abstaining from buying because of this (among other reasons, though primarily this). Fallout 76 all over again lol.

Also the new town hall model sucks.

Discuss.

2 Likes

custom games do you mean custom maps ?

often , those kinds of old saves were possible by ‘encrypting’ the state of the custom game into a long text string which could be loaded into it once again by pasting some Hash of the code , , , i think thats it anyway . .

it is as endearing as using the same system for saving progress in a Megaman game

i imagine once the dev team comes up with a way to

1. let players ‘localize’ the state of a custom game , eg , download their own save file or something
  2. not risk letting players accidentally download malware in the process
  3. absolve BlizActivision of any accidents like that that may still happen
  4. not constantly monitor every single custom game ever for any hint of malicious code

theyll be happy to do it

updooted. Please for the love of god blizzard give us back save and load features.

there is no reason for it not to be there and its preventing me from even considering buying reforged.

between this and ladder it feels like your trying to kill wc3!