Rest in peace Warcraft III

Let’s share our memories of this once great game.

11 Likes

Some family members close to me in age created a big custom race map and it had a ton of hilarious-awesome overpowered characters in it. Then after we played the map, a year or two later when I learned how to make a SEMPQ EXE, I used the unit data from their map and turned it into an EXE that would launch the game with the mod units on any melee map. Then one of the guys who made the mod was jealous of my newfound power and remotely deleted the Maps folder of all Warcraft 3 maps I had been making until that time off of my computer until I deleted the mod, since it was their data.
We eventually worked out our differences and they allowed me to work on the mod for years until eventually it became a mod called Heaven’s Fall. Great times!

1 Like

I’m has been waiting since beta and the game is still the same unfinished game with terrible graphics and gameplay, false promises from blizzard is the only thing that we can get.

7 Likes

Warcraft III was awesome, truly awesome. I wasn’t any good at it, but I still found there was plenty of fun to be had. The custom content community was and is still decently-sized and moving, but with Reforged out most of it’s for pre-1.32 patches.

Which is fine by me, because Patch 1.32 – better known as Warcraft 3 Reforged (or “Refunded”) – is not worthy of Warcraft 3’s legacy, not in its current unfinished-and-DRM’d-to-high-hell state.

4 Likes

The World Editor of this game, and JASS, is what made me interested in programming as a kid, and my first ever modding experience. Seemed to be such an amazing thing to be able to control a game to such a deep level.

Still remember that first time I’ve put a playable Archimonde in the human campaign :grin:

2 Likes

Rest in please (peace) Warcraft III…

Lol.

2 Likes

You will be missed rip 2002-2018

3 Likes