Resolution 3840x2160 shutdown pc?

Hello my name is Victor.
I have a problem while playing with 3840x2160 resolution my computer shuts down and I can’t understand the problem.
It only happens with this game.
It’s a dated PC, I did all tests including power supply.
My configuration is: Corsair HX850I (power supply), 32gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum, Asus Rampage Omega VI (motherboard), Asus Rog Matrix RTX 2080 Ti (GPU), hdd WD Black Performance 2TB, CPU Intel I9-9940X.
I don’t understand that the game don’t stand with the 4k resolution.
If someone is so kind and could help me.
Thank you. Have a nice day

Kind of contradictory. Calling the current top of the range gaming GPU dated…

Spontaneous shutdown when running something is usually cause by some aspect of the hardware being unstable under some extreme conditions. I know both PSU and CPU can cause this, but I am not sure if the GPU can as well.

Assuming you tested lower resolutions and those were all stable, then chances are it is to do with the GPU. Higher resolution likely puts more load on the GPU making it use more power or stress aspects of it more heavily. One cannot compare other games as they might load the GPU differently causing it to use less power or stress different areas. Either the GPU is drawing more power than the PSU can handle or the GPU itself is unstable.

Be aware that PSUs de-rate over time as hardware ages. The quoted power is for their test conditions, which may or may not involve reasonable working conditions. As an estimate your system could draw up to 500W of power assuming stock operation so in theory the 350W headroom should be enough assuming the PSU has access to a lot of reasonably cool air.

If the GPU is overclocked, even by the factory, then try reverting it to see if stability improves. The 2080 Ti is a very power hungry GPU using ~300W stock at full load and overclocking can raise that significantly.

If the system is still unstable then make sure both CPU and memory are operating stock or within Intel spec. This is to rule out CPU instability being the cause although seeing how it is resolution dependent this does not seem likely.

Updating the BIOS of Motherboard and GPU (if available) may help, as well as installing the latest drivers. This is to rule out any underlying stability issues that the manufactures fixed.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Perhaps takes well as irony in view of the new 3080TI.
First of all thank you for your answer.
About this first, all the drivers, bios have the last updates, and the Vga Matrix is set to normal mode, also I don’t have anything set to overclock(motherboard , cpu, ecc), I tested the components (motherboard, cpu, ram, power supply) throught the shop were I bought the pc (changed the psu, ram, private and customized tests from Asus passed without problems).
I made the comparison with other games(battlefied v, call of duty modern warefare. far cry5) that consume more resources than Warcraft Reforged, and those games show no sign of instability.
In addition it is also a known problem in starcraft 2 with the maximum resolution wich produces the same problem.
Pratically the game that maintains the 3840x2160 resolution is Starcraft Remastered.
Thats why I asked the help for tecnical support or someone who play the game with this resolution without problems.

Hey, Victor! Could you provide a DxDiag file to check out? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

3080 ti has not yet been announced? It is only speculated to be coming by the end of the year from what I have seen.

Reforged can use an impossible amount of GPU memory in some custom maps so if anything it consumes the most resources of the lot since there really is no limit to how much it can consume. Throw 1 of every model into view in the editor while playing at high…

This would be a GPU related issue. Since there is nothing in the GPU APIs that allows one to crash a system like described. Hence either the hardware is defective or the driver is buggy. I suggest contacting NVIDIA about it.

StarCraft II is notorious for being very GPU intensive. To the point that poorly designed NVIDIA GT 8800 GPUs would be destroyed running the workload. This is not the application’s fault but rather a fault with the hardware since the application can only use the programming APIs provided to it which do not offer any “self destruct” functionality for logical security reasons.

Check the BIOS of the GPU is up to date. Also make sure the GPU is obeying stock RTX 2080 Ti performance. There has been a recent revelation that many GPU and motherboard manufacturers have been fudging their power reporting (power budget) which effectively is factory overclocking without disclosing this to their customers. Often subsequent BIOS updates revert closer to stock operation to address any stability problems.

StarCraft II is one of the games that can push GPUs to hit their power limits quite easily. This is similar to stress tests like Furmark. Reforged may have properties like this as well. Higher resolution likely pushes the GPU cores more as well.