Requirement specs

requirement specs for reforged …wether they are the true specs to be expected i dno but they are different from classic
X_https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=35759&game=Warcraft%203:%20Reforged

1 Like

The hard drive storage will definitely be over 3GB.

there is technically no minimum specs, only minimum to get reasonable frame rates.

If they were real, they would have been released on official shop site.

2 Likes

I will post some estimated minimum requirements below. These are not official but are based on observations, trends and my opinions.

Minimum:

• Operating system: Windows 7 64bit
  • Processor: Pretty much anything that has some single thread performance and is compatible with the operating system.
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Graphics: NVidia GeForce 8 series or AMD equivalent. Basically any D3D10 compatible GPU with D3D11 compatible graphic drivers.
  • Storage: 16 GB.

Recommended:

• Operating system: Windows 10 64bit
  • Processor: Pretty much any multi core x86 processor from the last 7 years with over 3GHz peek clock speed.
  • Memory: 8GB.
  • Graphics: Any consumer GPU with at least 2GB of graphic memory.
  • Storage: 16 GB on a reputable SATA or PCIe SSD.

Minimum would likely get the game to run, but performance might not be a good or usable play experience, especially with some custom maps. Recommended should give you pretty high settings with high frame rate on all but the most extreme of maps.

1 Like

This is a joke.

8gb ram, just no. 4gb will be enough.
GPU- 1gb vram will be enough.
16gb on hdd, looool for what? New textures and models? They didn’t add some new voice lines, no new content etc…

I hope for a good optimization, cuz this should be played on a potato.

1 Like

Umm… They do. All the voice lines are being re-recorded and they are adding quite some content for the campaign. Though we don’t know how much, but there are definitely going to be some changes and content added.

Also, all the old graphics are still going to be there, so technically the space taken has to at least double, because on top of the old graphics they are also adding the new reforged models and graphics.

4 Likes

Where I can read that they re-recorded all the voice lines? Give me a link.

That added content won’t add so much GB to hard drive…

But guy just added his speculation, and its way off.

Here [Compilation] ALL we know so far! is a list of all changes and the sources are at the end of the post.

1 Like

Sound quality is being updated and possibly the music is also getting some sort of treatment[5]

All voice acting will be re-recorded[2][4][5]… and you will be able to switch back and forth between the new and the old voices[5][7][8]

So did they used same actors for the new voice lines or some are changed?

A few of them might be the same actors, like Thrall, because he is still the same voice actor in WoW, but basically they are using the voice actors they have in WoW for the character. A lot of the voices in original Warcraft 3 were made by hired actors who just did the role and never worked for Blizzard again, so it would be a very hard and expensive thing for Blizzard to try to get all the same actors back.

1 Like

8 gigabytes of ram is not a problem for me. most of my pcs(3 of the ones i use regularly) have 16, one have 8 and one have 32.

Unfinished it’s already more than 12GB big
at least 15 GB we can expect I think

To run with legacy graphics, yes. But with maxed out Reforged textures running a complex custom map, probably not.

8GB also gives you space for a reasonable caching. This will improve I/O performance or allow more assets to be cached for reduced loading times when playing the same content.

Not likely. Every icon is 256x256 pixels and units have multiple high resolution texture layers.

1GB was the minimum to max out StarCraft II Wings of Liberty when it released. The asset usage per map with that was kept under control but arcade games could use considerably more. Now in theory this might not be a hard limit because the main memory (why 8GB is a good idea) can be used to hold texture data the graphic API can swap in as required, but this comes at a significant performance overhead hence the recommendation for 2GB.

They are adding new icons, textures, models and voice lines. Already the size is around 8GB and a lot of assets are missing. Add in that CASC is prone to bloating with updates and 16GB seems reasonable for the final game.

See for yourself. They are now all flac, have been remastered and even new ones added for skins and female variants of heroes.

I think they tried where possible but some might be remasters from the original studio recordings. As always there would be high quality master recordings which are then down sampled for release. Assuming the data was not lost.

1 Like

I agree maybe only for GPU, rest no.

8gb ram, random i5 cpu, 10-12gb hdd space at max.

Potato specs or just bad optimisation. We will see.

Performance on Low spec machines is not optimized.

As I expected…