Report system is no good. WC3 community is very racist

Hello,

I just spoke with a Game Master via Chat, he suggested that I bring this to the attention of the forums so maybe something can get escalated and fixed.

Currently when playing in a custom game their is no way to report a player for being a racist, using racism / hate speech in chat. Constant N bombs. Cant report players in custom games for anything at all currently. I see several of these racist players daily. So if we could get a system in place to report these people, so maybe they will get perma muted or banned and we can start to clean up this community, that would be great.

Really tired of opening up tickets all the time. Also i have alot of screen shots of all of it but apparently they dont count and you dont accept that. SO even more reason to have a better system in place.

Thanks!

1 Like

Those who have the power to make changes to the game (the developers) don’t come to the support forums for feedback, suggestions, etc. If you want it to be seen by the right people, you’ll want to post this in one of the discussion forums such as General Discussion or Custom Games. Otherwise, it will just be lost to the void here.

You should be able to mute players with [/squelch] and [/ignore] + [player name].

Warcraft III has always had this problem and I’ve encountered this in most multiplayer games. I !mute them or just ignore them and don’t engage with them.

Works on my machine! SorrY!

their is no way to report a player for being a racist, using racism / hate speech in chat. Constant N bombs. Cant report players in custom games for anything at all currently.

You can. Both for custom games and melee games you will be brought to a score screen after the game. You can right click on a player their name and click ‘report’. Various opions are available such as hacking, gameplay sabotage or bad language.

However, to date, there is no single story of this functionality having any result. It could be mute / void / unattended. But it is there. I think there is an unattended inbox at blizzard with hundrends or thousands of e-mails as a result of this report functionality which were never processed since the game was released. Blizzard has not banned an individual for years with exceptions of some 3rd party programs that are picked up automatically.

would be great if they just changed certain words. For example if you type the N word it just writes, I’m a feary, or something like that.

Yes there are some junk players, I always report them and nothing happens ! They still kicking and bully ing !
Also kids are playing warcraft so we want more decent environment !
Thanks for the nice experience Blizzard !

Ok , I just encountered new style from old FELIX player:

1. he changed his name to īīī#1442 . (put some not allowed characters)
  2. in game he flood messages to all ( NIxxxxNixxxx… ) full lines and 1 sec or less delay. You cannot see your screen / battle /anything.
  3. people start mass leaving.
  4. if you try to use !mute īīī you will have a surprize , you cannot paste īīī characters there. System will not allow it.
    So you just loose the game and see all RACIST messages incoming, or other curses !