Removed support for my resolution?

I use a 1280x1024 monitor. Before Blizz started reviving WC3, it worked perfectly fine with the game. Following the revival, the resolution could still be used but didn’t work. Simply put, the game window looked fine, but the cursor could travel far off screen left or right as if the resolution was wider than it truly was.

As of the latest patch, 1.31.0, the resolution can no longer be selected, and starting the game caused my screen to flip out.

I’m confused as to why Blizzard actively removed support for a resolution, I cannot see any good reason to outright remove it from the game. I can understand not developing it to begin with, as it isn’t a common resolution, but I can’t understand just removing it.

1 Like

I experience the same issue although mine is trivial.

I can’t select the resolution 1366x768, it uses 1360x768 instead.

I experience the same problem - I cannot set a resolution of my monitor which is 1366x768 and I am forced to use 1360x768

My FPS is never higher than 11 after the patch.and it now feels like the units are walking through mud :frowning:

Can anyone help to solve it?

Reinstalled the game.
Checked with a different monitor and I noticed that I had access to more resolution types than on the original screen but even that did not fix the FPS issue.

After recent patches hardware requirements went a bit up but I am still easily in the green here: Wymagania Systemowe Warcraft III (Reforged oraz Classic) - Pomoc Blizzarda

It seems there is a solution from Blizz - read it here:

The solution did not work for me though.
What worked was right click on the W3 shortcut and select “Launch with graphics processor” where I have to select my NVIDIA graphics card.

Hope this helps someone.

I also miss my native resolution since 1.31 update. Although the DCI 4k (4096x2160) is not that common, it used to work fine prior to 1.31. Now it’s limited to 3840x2160 leaving some black bars from the sides. I hope this will be fixed.

1 Like