Rejoining custom game after previous game

When we play on custom game after a game is done. Users cannot connect to the lobby again without closing the game and restarting it. This bug has been here for a long time. I assumed it whould be fix a long time ago. But it doesnt. In this example we play Tower Defense on private custom game. friends can see server and join. but after the game is done they all need to close and reopen game to join again.

The workers responsible for fixing bugs and performing software changes related to this game have all been let go or moved to other projects. The only continued maintenance for this game is likely to be:

1. Keeping the servers physically running in their current form
  2. Policing forums and purchases as necessary to prevent and fraud, malicious activity, trolling, etc.

I am not affiliated with Blizzard and so my information here is purely speculatory. But, conveniently, anybody who would tell me I was wrong… doesn’t seem to be around anymore.

Hopeful romantics who enjoy this game have a theory that after Microsoft finishes buying this company, sentimental Microsoft leadership might further iterate on or fix the software that powers the Warcraft III: Reforged instead of just leaving it how it is now. However, my personal guess is that this is sentimental nonsense. After an expensive buyout, such as Microsoft buying Activision, there will then be pressure from Microsoft to receive a return on investment. Because of that, my guess is that Microsoft will use Warcraft III: Reforged only for a goal that is profitable. This might be either (1) introducing a new DLC improved version of Reforged that costs more, or (2) putting Reforged behind a monthly payment paywall as a part of a bundle of other similar Microsoft games.

Thanks for the reply. Well, thats a shame. We should hope for a fix.

I mean, maybe I’m a forum troll giving you a false negative impression and someone else is about to jump on here, be angry at me, and prove me wrong.
Let’s hope so!

Creating your own private game will cause the friends list to update so you can join again as well. This has been an issue for nearly a year now.

But then you wonder, will it still be an issue in 10 years?

I don’t waste my time wondering what a game stuck in corporate bureaucracy does with itself. Something either happens or it doesn’t. They already shot their leg off with the updated EULA.

It’s the cute thing about blaming Activison for everything. This was always how Blizzard operated, ignoring their community or burning it down when they want a piece.