Regarding the Gender Swap

Quoted the rest of my post for you to read again.

Foot-wo-men would scare the woman haters away. Cannot let it happen. Otherwise, disaster. And the remaining WC3 players will flee to China.

Except so far they’re only talking heroes, not base units.

Blizzard would destroy the atmosphere of the game with gender swap, no newcomer would play WC3 because a hero now has a female version it would just annoy the veterans. Lore wise a mountain or cypt queen doesn´t make any sense nor does a moon priest. I don´t want to see females or males put in roles they don´t belong to. So please Blizzard make gender swap optional or let it out completely.

3 Likes

Currently HD modding works like this : You put model file (mdx for wc3) and set paths, and it replace old wc3 model.
When you play game only you can see HD models, cause you are patching only your local files.

So i guess there will be option while you are playing agaisnt player who bought and play female character skin you will still see him playing male character that came by default.

But that also means animations,spells,unit size etc must stay basically almost same so it doesnt cause some visual problems.

2 Likes

Honestly as long as they are lore accurate I don’t mind it.

1 Like

Diablo Immortal makes sense, but announcing it at Blizzcon really didn’t.

It’s a game for Chinese market, it had no place at Blizzcon.

Aside from the fact it’s a game using a Blizzard IP and that it was a Blizzard convention?

If there’s a chance to select gender for every unit, I’m sure I would run all female lol, but that’s just me hahaha

1 Like

I mean the announcement had no place at Blizzcon. They could feature a booth for the game there after it’s been announced.

They announced Legion at Gamescom, they announced SC2 at WWI Korea, they announced SC:R at a Starcraft event in Korea…

Where does a Mobile-only Diablo announcement fit at Blizzcon?

-edit- awe man, looks like diablofans.com is closing its doors now too. That really sucks.

1 Like

The female versions you speak of will be in the form of skins. You will be able to toggle which skin you want to use (only in melee and not the campaign). So far we are only certain about there being hero skins.

:thinking:
:joy::ok_hand:

You don’t know whether the toggle option will be there. For all we know, it might be a forced 5o%. Would be a disaster. I am against it. I do not consent! No means no, Blizzard!

Actually there’s interviews where they tell us all about the hero skins. And yes they are toggleable unless you mean that they would be viewable for one player and invisible to another. In that case no, it will most likely work like in starcraft 2.

1 Like

There is an article that shows the female Demon Hunter, in another place they say Paladin will have a dozen models… Nowhere the option to toggle anything is ever brought up. I would see the female versions be among those, and what will you then toggle, female B but not female C?

making warcraft political. L O L.

1 Like

there is gona be 4 options on ur choise at solo play (at least i see it this way) :
1 - default War3model

2 - default War3Reforged model
3 - the 50\50 % random male\famale var.
4 - Ur own skin choice

For ppl who play with u in melee (can pick on options) :
1 - the 50\50 % random male\famale var. as an options for ur army
2 - All models default war3
3 - All models default War3 Reforged
4 - All models skin choise male\famale etc. (ur and enemy)
5 - All units own (default War3) All units enemy (default War3)
6 - All units own (skin choise) All units enemy (default War3)
7 - All units own (default War3) All units enemy (skin choise)
8 - All units own (default War3 Reforged) All units enemy (default War3 Reforged)
9 - All units own (skin choise) All units enemy (default War3 Reforged)
10 - All units own (default War3 Reforged) All units enemy (skin choise)

3 Likes

I love this, we can have any gender/class combo in WoW so I would be thrilled to bits if the same can be true of WC3. It would really show a next level of care and love for the game that blizz would go out of its way to reflect the demographics. However I’d like to be able to choose and not have it just be random.

1 Like

Where have you ever even seen a female Death Knight? I can’t imagine women wielding runeblades, sorry…
Have you ever played WoW? Also, if there can be female paladins, why no death knights?

And here, I would actually prefer a male Naga, considering we already got the Naga Royal Guard, thus clearly showing males can attain a remarkably high position in their society, it’s just that they can’t be added to the WC3 multiplayer.
Spellcasters in naga society are always females. Men are warriors as they have enhanced strength in expense of reduced intelligence. U’unat is only exception but there come old god shenaningans.

1 Like

I’d love to see some oversexualising again. For now all Blizzard does is censoring everything.

3 Likes