Regarding the Gender Swap

LOL, no, you’ll be getting female Demon Hunters and you’ll be loving them!

Sorry, but I not will love female Demon Hunter. I will love good old Warcraft with improvements and corrections of graphics and sounds, gameplay and balance. And I will love old good Demon Hunter with a rework model, wich inspired by the Demon Hunter model from Warcraft 3.

1 Like

I’ve stopped playing Stacraft 2 a while ago, but wasn’t there something about enemy units only ever appearing as the base skin for more clarity? So you would only ever see the custom skins you picked, and only on your own units.

Your opinion is all toilet sounds. Go back to biology class, professor. Some of us want to talk fun fantasy game designs.

An optional alternate skin won’t hurt you.

There might be an option to show everything as default, but I haven’t tangled in any gameplay menus in SC2 in a while despite being slightly back into it. I know for ‘large mode’ maps (team games) you had a limit of 4 alternate skins rather than your whole 1v1 loadout.

Having Jaina skin is okay because she was in campaign. Having Arthas skin is okay because he was in the campaign. Having Thrall skin is okay because he was in the campaign. Having Grom skin is okay because he was in the campaign. All of these skins are justified. What justification you got for having a female demon hunter or a woman paladin skin besides SJW bullshiz…And don’t tell me “but…but…but there are female demon hunters in wow lore”…WoW is WoW…As much as i like WoW and i played it for about 10 years, I don’t want it to ruin Warcraft III.

3 Likes

Because I might like how they sound or look more than the normal paladin or demon hunter? That’s kind of the whole point of using skins.

2 Likes

“Because I might like how they sound or look”
I think there are special sites where you can watch this kind of stuff

3 Likes

A variant in aesthetic.

I am all for that, although, I don’t want variety for variety’s sake. They should make sense lore wise and fantasy-wise.
Female DH would be OK, archmage would be the go to, but paladin is a bit pushing it - and from what I’ve read, people talk about female death knight which would be just awful, like seriously, what’s next? Male Priest of the moon? Mountain Queen?

3 Likes

By your logic, there’s websites dedicated to the sounds made by and the appearance of mechanical zerg, as I’d use the same reasoning to decide whether or not I want to use them in Starcraft 2’s melee, which is a “hell yes I would” if they were free and their building skins were out.

I hate the idea of Skins because they always fk up the games aesthetics rather than make it better. Take Smite for example. At first they made skins that were just recolor of the original skin which is fine, but then they started adding Robot skins or other Bullshiz that didn’t fit the Greek/Roman/Whatever civilization.
( Not on the Topic: also Smite had good and fitting music but then they put rock music instead…i like rock but i couldn’t bear listening to it while playing Smite)

“I would hate to see Paladin swinging a candy bar”. Well if they take the same path with skins as LoL, Smite, Battlerite or every other game that uses skins then that will happen eventually.
Also what bothers me more is that Blizzard is doing Skins that have different gender (which is female most of the time because most of the original heroes are male). And i don’t think they are trying to improve the games aesthetics but instead they are trying to please horny teenagers or overgrown children. By the way 99% of Warcraft players are male.

2 Likes

SC2 skins are pretty lore-friendly. And SC2 is a Blizzard RTS game.

2 Likes

Then roll it back and be upset at all that Blizzard’s using campaign heroes as hero skins in melee matches.

There’s a lot of ‘anything goes’ in fantasy land.

How?

Sure, those would both be interesting to see.

Very good feedback right there buddy :slight_smile:

Well in case this needs to be specified, I was talking about it in the context of warcraft’s specific universe.

Paladins in WC3 are members of the order “Knights of the Silver Hand” and no where in the lore have I read about female members until WoW WotLK.(please correct me If I’m wrong)

Now you’re just trolling mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Warcraft’s specific universe has gender restrictions on only a few things anymore.

Yeah but nowhere in lore does it say women can’t be Knights of the Silver Hand. The only ‘restrictions’ that have ever existed, at least in the Second War, was that the original order of paladins were priests and knights that crossed over into what they were missing whether it was martial skills or faith.

No, I’m genuinely interested in seeing them produce a Mountain Queen (because of that upcoming dwarf heritage armour in WoW) and what they’d do for a Priest of the Moon. Male Warden too since there’s no example of men in the Watcher order. Hell, all of the orc heroes I’d be interested in seeing what they do for female variants.

2 Likes

That’s the point… And you have missed it.

A friendly heads up - the idea of male Wardens would go against the position of 53.6%+23.5%=77.1% of the community according to the survey (634 surveyed).

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf0ul5uDgAxdRbqGSMvoRhS-5ceKVWqXhSxv2A5wSN6ZM-GPQ/viewanalytics

Wow, I was not commenting on this because I thought no one would make a serious discussion about this.

But, for real, you people really hate women don’t you?

It’s the only reason why you could not want women in the game.
What’s the problem with women variants besides “NO FILTHY WOMEN IN MUH MANLY GAME”??

You are so easily offended, and ridiculous.

2 Likes

This is only half of the reasoning.

With the other half being no filthy pigs* among the Sentinels and the Watchers.

*pigs = men

P.S. How can you have an ancient Germanic name and be a feminist? Why so confusing? :frowning:

Just because there’s no example yet doesn’t mean there can’t be. Besides, if it’s for melee uses rather than campaign. What’s the harm?

Last I checked, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4+, and FFA games weren’t canon. Which is where the skins would be used.

That’s just a gross question.

1 Like

It means exactly that. It is Warcraft 3. Not 4. Not WoW. Not Hearthstone. Warcraft 3.