Regarding the Gender Swap

I’d rather it not be random. I’m fine with having the option to swap skins or whatever but I’d rather be able to pick the gender of my hero if possible because most days I probably wouldn’t want a female blademaster or male Warden. Also like several other people have said I feel like this may adversely affect Night Elves from a lore perspective if only because their gender plays so hard into their roles in their society.

I hope they don’t make it random, just keep the original until you edit the gender settings

I never heard they’re gonna make it so that you can’t choose male for the demon hunter

Gender variations may be good if they match the faction lore, also if they are optional as suggested earlier. That said I think the faction that would benefit the most from that variations would be the Horde, as in orcish society all individuals were meant to fight for their honor. I for one would accept it, if for every 3 or 4 grunts, one of them would be female, the same for headhunters, shamans, raiders, witchdoctors, spirit walkers, etc. but only so if they keep the models fierce and warriorlike, not willing to see the sexy orc, troll and cow now and then. As for the other factions, the Humans are based on medieval society, so you wouldn’t expect the woman to be in the frontlines, it is a high fantasy setting, so it is ok for them to be in the support roles, and some exceptional in leadership roles, that would be the heroes. The Scourge well, it’s the monster faction, so with the exception of cultists and spellcasters you wouldn’t expect any gender distinction, and with the Night Elves, their society got their roles, the woman did the fightings while the males slept, and that should be respected.

Female Blademaster would be sick…

Hopefully they add WoD Blademaster female too.

If you want to be technical there is only one Death Knight in Warcraft 3, and that is Arthas. Death Knights aren’t even shown in the campaign as enemies, because there is only one. No woman can be a Death Knights and no man can too. Only Arthas.

This obviously changed in WoW where we can find more Death Knights and some of them happen to be female. Most notably members of the Four Horsemen Lady Blaumeux and most recently Sally Whitemane.

Note that im refering to Death Knights created by the Lich King, not the ones created by Gul’dan.

Question. Did you have ever seen a female Keeper of the Growth? Or a Male Moonpriest before WoW?
Oh and Kyomatsu that is not true. Arthas whas the famest but not the only Death Kinght of the Second Generation. There where other Paladins like him who broke their oath and destroyed everything they loved and stand for.

1 Like

Actually, incorrect. In The Brothers Stormrage, the last mission of the NE campaign in TFT, you fight two random Death Knights.

wow. gamepedia. com/The_Brothers_Stormrage_(WC3_NightElf)

4 Likes

Being able to choose the gender sounds cool but I agree with that it should be an option for it.

1 Like

This is the discussion you have BEFORE they make the models.

Does not have to be a female Keeper of the Growth" that would indeed be wired.
But a Female Dryad Hero instead (that is not called “Keeper of the Growth”) with the same abilities. And again only for custom maps - no changing of the original campaign/lore.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 Like

First i kinda like this new forum lay out very nice.

I think its ok to have female/male versions of different models. However i don’t think these units have a place in the core melee and campaign maps. 100% honest i think footmen and grunts could be the exception to the rule but to keep things consistent i don’t think this is something that should be changed.

That begin said the custom community will welcome these models with open arms.

I’d be extremely against female footmen and grunts, those are the most ICONIC basic units of the warcraft universe pitted against each other time after time. Those should be the last units to receive the PC treatment.

4 Likes

Also it takes away from the uniqueness of NE.

5 Likes

Nice try, but you can’t fool us.
Women are Strong. They are not inferior to men when it comes physical strength. Didnt you watch Wonder Woman?

Make it optional, if you want female than you can choose the female but if they get made. please give them new voice lines cause they are fun as heck

Guy’s, Kazak is correct. Scientists just discovered a special particle called the “Boobion” that allows Wizards and Minotaur’s to exist, yet prevents Woman from picking up a pointy stick and stabbing things with it… :open_mouth:

I know… I was amazed too. Our world is a strange place…

3 Likes

If you think you are funny, then I must disappoint you - you are not. “Minotaurs” are 3 meters tall and can crash to pulp everything with bare hands, Mages can use spell thanks to whatever power that exists in this world, but women are the same as in our world, had the same strength, height, stamina, toughness, thus are much weaker than men and fulfill different roles. Only Night Elves in this game use women to fight on mass scale, but circumstances forced them to do so. Beside, they use agility over strenght and prefer stealth tactics (because of their body limitations) in contrast to humans or orcs who prefer brute strength/close combat. That’s the point of wearing light armour by them (which you really love, you’ve said that before), not because they’re naughty ladies who play with themselves after fight.

7 Likes

Exactly!

I’m quite positive that creating male/female skins for roles that support that would be alright and not break our suspension of disbelief. But please god, dont make this another Battlefield V.

5 Likes

I don’t really see the big problem with offering gender swaps for heroes. If someone wants to run female farseer or something then… why not? As long as they’re optional, I don’t really have an issue with it. If it’s forced then there’s an issue I have with it. I do take issue with something like gender swapping archers for nelves or something along those lines.

1 Like