Reforged is a forced downgrade for classic users

Pleeeasee give us back classis tft!! Just reverse this “upgrade” and let the community have what it has wanted, an unchanged unspoiled game gdamnit. Soo sad right now for reall

1 Like

I’m in the same case i’m return player I never touched the game til 10-15 years ago, I don’t want to be stomped by try harder, I want to relearn and play not 1 sided.

1 Like

The core of blizzard cares… but they have no say in it. its Activision who runs the show.

People can play TFT right now.!! just go to Blizzard download! and choose Warcraft 3 PTR (test realm) and it works. its online multiplayer… like TFT is supposted to be.

Agreed, I was not able to get cheat codes to work when I’m playing custom games, by myself, against computers. There’s also no clear way to go offline aside from disconnecting your PC. I don’t want to be logged in all the time when I play a one-player game.

Who has no idea how to ask for a forced refund and wants to find out? I can give you all the info you may need and proof as well, it may sound like scam, but like I played this game in 2005 for the first time when I found out that copying the shortcut doesn’t copy the game :slight_smile: and pre-ordered on the day it was announced and just played it and gotta say the old one was way better and all this changes in terms and conditions is a direct right infringement on your rights(sadly I can help only if you an EU citizen as I don’t know the regulation for other countries) and their reaction to mass refund

1 Like

Might I present “WarCraft III Preforged” the removal their patch and reinstatement of version 1.26a where it worked. Blizzard said it was impossible, I said not to underestimate an angry enough EX-fan.

Warcraft REreforged: this time we won’t screw up edition

1 Like

Yes the ones that were banned via ENT’s submission system years ago. No serious players hacked.

The game is just s hit I recommend all players to make a refund. I personally did it yesterday and it worked so hurry up because the game is not even worth 5 euros and 30 euros in no case

1 Like

I can’t believe you’re all so upset “don’t you guys have phones.”

Blizard is a joke.

2 Likes

Wait so if I’m currently making a Wc3 map it will delete my WIP?

Funny you should ask. Microsoft did the same thing when Windows 10 was a new and shiny “thing”. They sent 10 GB worth of install-ready data to your computer through Windows Update, that could not be opted out on.

The reasoning behind it was apparently that it would be ready to go instantly… you know, if you were fiddling around on a system with, say, Windows 8.1 and suddenly felt a desperate urge to upgrade to Windows 10.

A lot of people never felt that urge, though. Rather, they felt rage because a single, intrusive (yes, there was also a non-removable pop up in the menu bar telling you to go get it now) and dormant upgrade took up 10 GB on your hard drive with no means of getting rid of it beyond third party hacks.

Now, I’m not stating that this example is in any way applicable to the current situation, but there are certain similarities, right?

“Get it now! The assets are already on your computer ready to go! It couldn’t be easier!”… or something like that.

Wait they took out the abilitie to play ageinst the ai?

I mean that’s not a great example, almost nobody used Windows 8 compared to 7 or 10 today and everyone was more than happy to get off 8 to move to 10 for practically free the moment it came out

So, the people who weren’t in the least interested, were still deep down thrilled with having a 10 GB block of data on their hard drives, that they didn’t have any official option of expunging, I take it?

Interesting. Tell me more about why Microsoft still had trouble hawking Windows 10 away for free to a lot of people the first year?

Of course, the fact that it was rated horrible by a lot and had a ton of glaring bugs couldn’t have been it, right?

None of that happened for me during the update. All my decade old custom maps I downloaded while playing online were kept inside the documents folder after the update, where they were moved to by a previous update already to begin with.

Or upgrading to Windows 10. Which hopefully everyone did seeing how Windows 7 is now end of life.

One can still create a custom game using a melee map, keep the lobby private (so no one can join) and then populate the player slots with AI players.

Same reason people said Windows Vista sucked. It actually did not but it was a “cool” thing to say all the time.

I ran Windows Vista until Windows 7 came out. No issue with it at all. It was a huge upgrade over XP as far as responsiveness and OS performance.

Actually that is very subjective. XP had better stability than Vista. Granted, comparing Vista to XP is nothing like comparing 10 to 7, but still; it was not about being “cool”.

Vista was inherently more stable as it introduced driver recovery and removed a lot of low quality code from the kernel. The window management system was also less prone to applications making it freeze thanks to the use of discrete display buffers rather than directly drawing to the screen buffer.

From what I could tell the main issue was the increase in system requirements. It likely was not stable on older hardware, which is what most people complained about. I ran it on at the time new hardware.

Impossible to play classic now? :frowning: