Reedeem my classic warcraft?

How do I play my classic frozen throne? I can’t fidn my warcraft 3 games anymore?

2 Likes

Classic WC3 is played through the Bnet launcher app… Classic is only free for those who previously owned an original CD-Key, or for those who purchased Reforged… if you do not own or cannot find your original CD-Keys then you will have to purchase Reforged inorder to access the Classic version of the game

Or you can download the Legacy edition of the game, but you will not be able to access Bnet that way

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/classic-warcraft-iii-official-installers-official-patches/

1 Like

That’s absolutely ridiculous. Any reasonable person would toss out their CD’s because you guys had the digital download available… and who would pay 40$ for a game they already bought?

1 Like

you need to go to options and switch to classic. If you are unhappy with the remove of the old bnet i suggest to just uninstall and quit. But there is no reason to be unhappy: Reforged is rly an improvement to the old bnet. Playing with friends is rly fun and i suggest to play it with your friends. However there are still a lot of other good games out there. If you want to have less problems with playing a finished game, play sth else and quit wc3

False. Reforged is a downgrade with missing features galore and draconian DRM measures built in.

That being said, @OP if you want to play the real Warcraft 3 but don’t have access to a pre-Reforged version of the client, then giving up on Warcraft 3 entirely is a the only avenue left open to you unless you have no qualms sailing the seven seas.

4 Likes

Hey i own the games both the rain of chaos and the frozen throne with the codes still intact. So can you help me get back to classic?

1 Like

Not necessarily. Say if a company were to sell a product first on CD and then digitally, but some day decided to close up shop - bam, that’s it, digital downloads of the game are no longer possible, nor is it possible for people who own the game digitally to download them.

Physical CDs prevent that, assuming they actually have an installer inside and not just the software to download the game from servers that no longer exist.
In an age where tons of games get killed when a company pulls the plug, physical CDs are a D&D cleric’s resurrection spell. And everyone wants Uncle Bob back, he made the best burgers!

1 Like

My Uncle Bob was a robot, just saying. :stuck_out_tongue:

In addition to your other points, though, this is why I’ve started backing up my digital downloads on external hard drives. No sense in trusting someone else’s servers to remain available to download from.

2 Likes