Re-Reforged Prologue Campaign Project

In the first Re-reforged prologue map mainly some timings, some small details, added back lip-sync and removed hero glows in cinematics.

3 Likes

This work is amazing! I really believe that with enough effort and cooperation, the entire campaign can be re-reforged to meet the standards of what we expected in the first place! Cheers!

4 Likes

No more “sorry you didn’t get the experience you expected” feelings :joy::joy:

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I’ve released a video showcasing the gameplay of the first map. Without the tutorial:

One of the features of the first map is that you can actually skip the tutorial and play the map for the story. The map is played on hard and difficulty is heavily rebalanced.

6 Likes

Nice, just watched it

2 Likes

if blizzard would just enable custom campaigns, so the community could fix the mess of a campaign, that’d be great.

i dont think one person can redo the whole campaign, but there should be a chance to get a team of mappers and modders together to redo (update) the campaign as a team.

its important to focus and manage this effort and work on ONE version of the remade campaign, otherwise multiple versions of the same map will pop up and its never gonna be “the remade campaign” but a loose collection of single maps.

i think with about 10 ppl working on it and some more doing testing, it should be possible to finish it within a year.

7 Likes

I really hope Re-Reforged could become a “mod brand” so to speak.

Anyway, I’ve added the cinematics compilation of the second map as for the latest version.
Now Hellscream is back to Grom and we have full lip-sync and no hero glow! Next week for the playthrough:

4 Likes

Great work

I’m planning to “Re-Reforge” chapters somewhere in the future (not now unfortunately because no capable PC) and so I thought, can I use your “Re-Reforge” name?

Here’s some chapters I thought of Re-Reforging:

1. Rise of the Naga
  • Chapter now takes place in the Barrens (that references Azshara coast) and some creeps have been changed to Centaur and Harpies (but the main local enemies are still crazed Furbolgs and Wildkins) and the village on the first encounter with the Naga is changed to an Orcish outpost (first two villages and Nendis are still Night Elven)
  1. The Flight from Lordaeron
  • Chapter is reterrained to be more appropriate with Lordaeron Capital map (intro takes place at the throne room)
  1. Dreadlord’s Fall
  • Chapter is reterrained to be more appropriate with Lordaeron Capital map and then it takes place at the Capital City gates. Also Crypt Fiends are replaced with Dark Archers and Necromancers with Fallen Priests
  1. A New Power in Lordaeron
  • Chapter is reterrained to be more appropriate with Lordaeron Capital map and then it takes place at the Capital City inner core with Balnazzar’s Base at the furthest point. Also Crypt Fiends are replaced with Dark Archers and Necromancers with Fallen Priests and Garithos are granted with Lordaeronian Chaplains
  1. Everything else in general
  • Just reappropriate lorewise characters and units
1 Like

I would suggest to team up with InsaneMst and maybe to promote the project so you can gather more people who could work on it together. It would prolly speed up the progress and also prevent several Re-Reforged projects. :smiley:

5 Likes

I could not say it better :wink:

There are more remaster than you think for this game. Some are nice, some are bad and some are overhyped (that’s my own ahah).
Now, with Re-Reforged I wanted to actually have some kind of quality assurance. Think of it like Blizzard was back in the day…

If you want to work with me, I can invite you to a discord where we discuss Re-Reforged (it’s not very active, atm, for I am the one working on it the most). It’s open to anyone interested even in discussing the project, no needs to be modders. You can make map there, but I need to approve them before being marked as Re-Reforged.

I would like to not have my own logo and “brand” be used freely around. If someone play a Re-Reforged map, it has to be a very high quality polished experience. Hope you understand and I didn’t sound rude. You are very welcome to join :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Quenching making custom campaigns aswell currently, maybe they found a way to integrate it into the actual game. This would help a lot for this mod aswell

Added playthrough of the second mission: Departures. You can all checkout the differences with the original gameplay by yourself:

The third map is an even bigger overhaul :wink:

7 Likes

Wow I was planning on doing this same thing but damn, your stuff makes my hard work look like a dumpster fire :joy: Epically done bruv

Why not work all together on one project

2 Likes

Because not always people want the same things or just know each other.

When the prologue re-reforged is over, I’ll open a Patreon and I hope the community can make it known enough to avoid having useless clones and let interested people just join and help. To make something known, is not only my duty, but also of you all (if you are interested in the project of course :slight_smile:)

Any help is appreciated. I can also teach you a lot of tricks. I commented on your youtube video if you are interested.

5 Likes

Wow this is awesome!! I am not very skilled with map editing (i know the basics) but I have played campaign numerous times, so I hope you are planning on making the game a bit more challenging and fixing the balance issues (like upkeep) or maybe adding an Insane mode?

I know its probably too big of a request, but I would love to see this include a co-op mode if possible (as an option) :slight_smile: I might be able to do that stuff if you send me the map files, but either way, if you need any help testing bugs or suggestions on balance, let me know. Otherwise your visuals are stunning!

@Kreator- maybe you can start the first human mission?

2 Likes

if you could I’m thinking if you could “actually Reforge” these maps as well to help him?

Rise of the Naga - tileset is half Ashenvale and half Barrens to reflect the Aszhara coast in WoW

The Flight from Lordaeron - map redesigned to reflect the Capital City

Dreadlord’s Fall - map redesigned to reflect the entrance part of the Capital City

A New Power from Lordaeron - map redesigned to reflect the inner part of the Capital City

3 Likes

I’m better at terrain than cinematics or triggers. Be more than happy to contribute.

Hey there, releasing the third map alongisde an huge update of all the already released maps.

This overhaul completely Riders on the Storm. I hope you enjoy it. I share first of all a cinematic video, and in the following weeks I’ll release a playthrough and all the updated videos for the other missions.

Remember that you can play all my maps at Hive Workshop ( www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/warcraft-3-re-reforged-prologue-campaign.323114) and there to play them you only need Reforged installed. Beside that, it is all compatible with Quenching, if you like graphics mods.

5 Likes