Ranked Wins Counting As Loss Is The Last Straw

Okay, it has been a month and this isn’t fixed. Blizzard, I just want you to know that after 25 years of loyal patronage, I’m done. You won’t get another dollar from me. No Diablo 4, no nothing.

I tolerated the dumpster fire that has been Reforged since it came out and said nothing. But after waiting two years for a ranked system that should have existed day one, it is just unacceptable to mess up the core premise of competitive gaming. How can I have a win count as a minus 113 MMR loss and knock me down from Duelist to whatever you are calling gold now? That is just plain demoralizing.

Ultimately, I don’t even care what my rank is. I’m just trying to have fun, and that is exactly what you broke. You somehow made a game that I have been playing for 20 years stop being fun. Did you do it on purpose? I really don’t see how else you could mess this up so completely.

4 Likes

I don’t care, but I care.

2 Likes

Funny how no one replies to all the questions like this over the past few years.

But why take their apathy for malice, eh?

1 Like

The point isn’t the rank itself. It is being able to see yourself improve and have some metric to measure your relative skill. When you beat someone you know is better than you, it’s fun. But overall, I’d rather be bottom bronze in a ranking system that works than be top Champ in a ranking system where the points are made up.

I repurchased reforged after they added ranked ladder… and just now submitted for a 2nd refund.

I won 5 games in a row today, with MMR changes being
+11, +14, +2, (-52), (-54) respectively.

I’d like to actually build MMR and play competitive matches… but its simply impossible right now.

Inexcusable to sell this. Blizzard, if you’re going to give up on a game like this, just make it free. Especially since, its an MMR based ladder. Its not like Blizzard doesn’t know how to build a working one. Its a core system of several of their games. How do they mess it up this badly!

3 Likes

The leaderboards are also screwed up. A large amount of people with perfect win rates at the top - some with millions of wins.

The dev team is a joke, I think this is just like a child’s project in elementary school to teach kids how to code.

edit: I also still get desyncs in game which was a problem during BETA.

2 Likes

I agree 1000%. I will never buy another Blizzard game. I have been a customer for nearly 30 years and used to buy EVERYTHING Blizzard made because quality and consumer satisfaction was their top priority. Those days are long gone and its pathetic how far they have fallen.

The season ends next year, they have plenty of time to “get it right,” by then. Regardless of how you feel about Reforged, it’s better than the alternative, which is no Warcraft. Old bnet ain’t coming back, so deal.

IMO its more them trolling us at this point ; theres no way they dont know the state of this – especially wins counting as losses etc – this isnt incompetence ; imo this is someone autistically trolling us.

W3 Champions is definitely a better alternative.

1 Like

Well fun fact, it seems you can only refund a game once. My refund was declined with the reason being I’d already received one for this game (from when I refunded a week after launch).

Jokes on me for giving Blizz a second chance here.

So, are you aware that the base game is free if you bought War3 in 2002 and enter your CD key?

I mean you could have played the free version to check if there were any problems in the latest version of the Reforged engine…

Your expectation is I figure out which parts of the engine are common between the two versions, and then use the old one to test the game for them, before making the purchase?

I’m a customer. I’m not on their payroll as a tester. Go shill elsewhere.

1 Like

uhh, after a few months i thought i give it a try, so i win my first placement match. the game registers a los, so i logg out and back in en the games dousent even have the los any more? dident i c somewhere they would be aggresivly patch and fix the game?, wassent there supposed to be a uhh well ladder and things like that? sorry but very confused atm. I though wc3 was a tittle from blizzard, not some small company whit only 1 developer and a ceo who likes to harras his secretary…

MSFT killed war3

The deal isn’t closed yet and won’t for some time. Blizz is still independent.

No, they aren’t even independent yet. They are still owned by Activision for the time being.

Use W3Champions.

Get it right? LMAO man Blizzard will never get this train wreck “right”. The game was released FOUR years ago. It was a disaster then and is still a disaster today. I’m done with this hot mess. I will NEVER purchase another Blizzard game and I’m a customer since the original Warcraft 2 days (before the battle net version!)

Ranked Wins Counting As Loss Is The Last Straw

More than shipping a woefully unfinished product with draconian DRM measures?