Racist spammers and leavers in Versus

Bought the game few months ago and I recently started playing Versus. There is so many bots/leavers in Versus it’s not even funny. A game that has been around for such long time, still cannot even deal with such simple issue. I decided to quit the game yesterday and asked for a Refund due to a player constantly spamming the racist N word in the chat, making me unable to see where I was building/moving and better yet, there was no option to ignore him. I mean come on, there should at least be a filter in the game that prevents spam and racism which would disconnect/ban the player. But there isn’t, and there probably will never be. The player in question will probably not be banned or have his battle.net account frozen. If he said that word to me in real life he would most likely have skull fractures and live with brain damage for the rest of his life.

So, one dude is spamming something you don’t like and you think it is okay to violently deal physical harm to him? Also, from your wording I assume you’ve already done things like that? Wow. I think your local law enforcement should be informed.

4 Likes

Nice rage post tbh I love that old games are like this I find the automated report features terrible in just about every game ever. They are a reason I won’t play them. Tried to play a game of dota 2 the other day we lost and because I didn’t play as well as my team wanted reported low prio que for X wins that was an instant uninstall. Also don’t hate him for wanting to be violent over that the leftist have tried to push and normalize that kind idiocy he’s been taught its not only ok but virtue signaling worthy of praise. Long gone are the days of “sticks and stones”.

People who troll like this, ruin games and act in a racist manner are terrible.
But people so ready to resort to violence, turning a situation made bad by words into a situation made very bad by actions, are 100 times worse than the trolls mentioned (often they’re not even actual racists but just want to get the weak minded mad, which apparently they did very well here).

1 Like

haven’t you seen any standups? If he’s black or a rapper it’s not racist, then it’s just annoying…

Fun fact, saying a word or spamming a word doesn’t make you racist. I would bet you your entire life savings of 50 dollars that the person doing it is just trolling and isn’t the slightest bit racist. Another fun fact, contrary to what the media tells you…most people aren’t actually racist, unless they listen to the media…

That is why I mostly play 1v1. In that case, I always get normal players who do not flame.

The leavers are a big problem. I mean, you lose two or three 4v4 games but of course, the next one is a win because the enemy leaves in 1 sec. I also like when somebody noticed one misatke in the team and flames the player or leaves. Then it is an instant lose.
I agree with the fact that the report button should exist again.

There is one thing you can do: ignore them. Or if you know that the game will be a lose anyway, then leave the game.