Constructive feedback

Every post on this forum is a repeat-complaint without a word of worthy criticism. ‘Fix the UI’…wah, ‘omggg such bad lighting!!’…wah. Literally the last four I read didn’t even say what was wrong, they just went on about how blizzard should be “ashamed,” dun dun dun. One even said how blizzard is so lucky this is just WC3, not diablo or WoW, so people aren’t going to bring the torches to storm the keep…LOL.

This isn’t WC4, it’s a remake with better graphics and a few extra touches, that’s it, that’s all it was supposed to be. The only problems they should address are the ones that made the massively succesful original broken, and those are as listed:

1. Stopping Ladder Abuse and reducing toxicity. Bannning team killers and AFK bots, which are the worst part of the entire game. This means brand new accounts (if people want their icons, let them keep them, but bring in all new Reforged icons so people can look at the old icon accounts with a grain of salt - that is, until they prove their stuff, which many will). This is the first step to reducing the unbelievably toxic nature of blizzard game fanbases. The next is to judge team games less-so by losses when the individual played well, and the way to fix this is to add the ‘Pro Point’ (working title). Add this statline to the profile page, a page that should show accolades (small ribbon/trophy icons for achievements, re: 5), solo wins, solo losses, team wins, team losses, and ‘Pro Points’, which is awarded when you lost a team game but statiscally played very well. This would give people a stronger sense of self-responsibility and reduce their hatred for a bad teammate. PP may sound dumb, but the concept is very valid - with some polish, it could help satiate toxic behavior. Also, dont ever reset level, and have it be tough to level up, so that when a ladder game starts and you see a high/low level, it actually means something (this is also further consolidated by new, single accounts). Wins and losses won’t mean AS much as level, and people will be less toxic over small statlines rather than overall play. Obviously time spent playing doesn’t mean skill, but if leveling up is very tough without wins or pro points, then it will say something.

2. Removing the idiotic unit group limit. I made a post asking for an actual legitimate justification to the unit group cap, and received none. The argument I got was that: “I learned the hard way, and since the unit group cap makes the game harder, and since I’ve learned to use it, it should stay because it gives me an advantage over those who can’t”. This is ridiculous. Make a better game Blizzard, and make it make sense. We should be allowed to select as many units as the engine allows, because it makes the game more playable, faster, and simpler - without reducing the infinite strategizing still available. And for this game to return to its glory days, we need whatever it takes to make the difficult RTS genre more accesible, by being more sensible. Pros need people worse than them to make themselves pro. So pros, get over it, because your status is dependent on the mediocre masses, and for that we need the smoothest mechanics possible, so that the strategy can be focused on what makes the game actually fun.

3a. Improved team grouping. Either a much better AT system than the current broken one, and one that was never ideal to begin with, or letting groups join random team matches together (though this hinges on a strong abuse protection system). Also this would include better matchmaking. If everyone is forced to one single account, this becomes MUCH easier, and is worth the trade-off from flexibility.

3b (improvement suggestion to aid overall team play) Make clan battles a real official system on YOUR own engine/interface. Have clans be ranked, and let top clans get different visual indicators that show their status. The non casuals, who deserve to be catered to as well, want this stuff, they want incentives to try. Have ‘clan rank’ be a more prominent thing, and make it based off clan members doing different things, like X wins, or X time spent playing custom games, etc. Every month have elimination tournaments, and make it so each clan has its own profile page e on the actual wc3 game interface where people can see their rank/points/level and all the things they have achieved. Also make the official clan tourneys an actual event people can watch live, allow a commentary for the observers. Award new trophies and prizes and incentives based on seasonal tourneys or other themes.

1. And of course, General balancing issues amongst race-play. An impossible task to permanently fix, but this is when fans have the full right to chime in with their input and help you guys give us the game we all want. This is where we all work together.

So far has this pobeen about what absolute fixes are a must, along with 3b, a suggestion that helps boost the 3a’s fix of making team-play better. The rest are suggestions:

1. Have achievements in the game, and have the prizes for unlocking them be experience, accolades in the profile page, but also costume enhancements for specific heroes or units in game. Nothing too flashy. But it would be cool to be playing and then seeing a BM harass early with a levl 1 BM but who has on a kimono, which would tell me and my teammates that this guy has killed 500 heroes with his blademaster and is probably pretty good. This kind of status could be cool and could add some personal flair to the game, but obviously is not at all neccesary.

2. Don’t cap friends.

13 Likes

Also, for custom games, make the editor able to make a custom Bear Form ability with a custom alternate form unit, like in the old version.

Don’t need to ignore the whole forum, just ignore the bots, fake accounts with 0 or few posts, created just now to keep repeating the same hate threads. They are easily recognizable now.

PS: ignore the bots message but don’t let then keep reposting, report every useless hate thread they create as spam or trolling.

5 Likes

You must be so happy what happened with reforged aren’t you? :blush:

You and i know that they could have done more.

The only thing i appreciate is, that they still support this game.

Finally! There are so few constructive critcisisms on these forums, it’s all just bashing on things. No solutions is presented in most of these complaints. People just complain for the sake of complaining. I have a few things that in hindsight would have made this a better beta aswell:

• Opening up Custom games (just melee maps but against AI) as one of the very first things they did.
  • Giving us campaign earlier just so we have something other than melee to play.
4 Likes

I like your suggestions and there were also a lot of other good suggestions in other topics.

But just show me one constructive point that they did take to reforged. The only time they listened to the community were on unit looks.

To summarize: The ideas of the community were here, but not heard.

They said they wanted to work hand in hand with the community. They did, but only on unit looks and not on other points?

1 Like

Do they have an announced plan to fix abuse and matchmaking issues?

I remember reading somewhere that they will add the ability to increase the unit selection cap of 12 units in the editor. I really do hope that is the case I haven’t really been a melee game player so im waiting for custom games. Other than that I cant understand why there are people saying that Blizzard needs to scrap the entire game and start from scratch. I just don’t see what the big issue is.

2 Likes

This is a new and captivating thread. I feel enlightened.

5 Likes

I don’t think anyone wants them to start from scratch. We just want some things to look better.

Plus, model tool and a good UI.

3 Likes

Finally! FINALLY good,non-toxic point! I respect you for that,man! Let’s give some real feedback and advices instead of blind and pure hatred the other part of forums have

P.S: Can you change the name of your post to something more…Um…Friendly? I think B-Word can be banned accidentaly

1 Like

Also Blizzard said that we will get new UI and Builds so Hate from these toxic people still doesn’t make any sence to me. Your point is a true,real feedback wich will make this game a masterpeace

1 Like

There are some pro and cons.

Con:
-no new cutscenes or more story which was actually promised and i guess many pre buyers had this in mind.

Pro:
-new graphic
-Achievements
-at least some cutscenes may be remaked like Arthas vs Illidan.

I like the beta even with some flaws, but ist enjoyable.

The only thing i realy want is a release date within 3-4 weeks.

3 Likes

I can agree with evreything, only not with 2.remove unit group limit, that would destroy the competitve scene and i guess its good for noobs, so they can put all units in 1 tab range meele heroes etc… i think the limit is great its old but unique.

3 Likes

I dont mind if they increased Selection cap for 1v1 up to 18 (unless they did more for summons) and for Team (perhaps bigger than 2v2) to whatever they want if they want to select more. Maybe 2v2 should be treated more like 1v1 as is already in their other games.

With that said, I’ve won 1v2… there’s no excuse of ‘I played better hey pls believe me’ I just happen to lose OK OK??’ Unless you want some ‘Trusted ally’ kind of thing which well, will be voted by others or … abused. Never should be a karma up/downvote thing ever, forget reddit.

This game runs at pretty normal speed for this genre to be SIMPLIFIED in any other way… im sure LoL/Dota things die just as fast, you can’t get any easier than that.

Wanna be a pro? You have to train hard… there’s nothing that will make you pro without proper effort, then you won’t care about 12 selection and what not.

And no the ‘We will return the game to glory if … 10 simplified things’ is a delusion, it won’t change what already is well … daed

On Unit Cap, this is a clear and obvious fix to make one of the most difficult genres more accesible. Simple as that. You want a better game, get more people to want the same thing. The problems with this game are the ones I listed above, in addition to it being old. RTS needs more support, so make the mechanics smoother, make them more accesible, quicken the play, shorten the learning curve, and rally behind the support of a game we all want to work.