Public Test Realm 1.31

A PTR patch after long time, but worth it for developers, thanks Blizzard.

3 Likes

This looks very interesting. Thanks for all the hard work. Still hoping for some changes to undead.

Slaughterhouse checks off too many boxes as a production building. A game like wc3 has a lot of moving parts so there is a lot to consider. Overall i welcome the changes and cant wait to see how it effects the meta.

3 Likes

You guys are the greatest. Shaping WC3 to be better than ever.

Love it all, keep up the hard work. Reforged will be legendary.

12 Likes

Yo this looks lit. Cant wait to test. Seems reasonable.

Im curious to see World Editor changes dont understand them 100%

But now do we have to wait another 3 months for news???

1 Like

Tauren change was nice.

No fix to useless ulti?

Far seer sight???

Or beast ulti unr3liability?

what does this mean exactly? the list below or something else?

1 Like

The world editor changes arent understandable lol.

Just open it yourself

This is going sound very greedy but Pete when can we see beta news or images???

13 Likes

How about fixing the COLOR CODED names? So we can ignore those accounts… instead of doing /o igw to block all whispers…

Can you fix it so that those accounts can’t be made anymore? And the already made ones will be removed or something…

Fix BAN on channels, atm if you BAN someone they can just rejoin…

Remove Warcraft 2 bots from being used on Warcraft 3…

Also… please fix ARRANGED TEAMS for everyone to be able to invite.

Thanks…

5 Likes

nothing matters as long as i cant invite players to ARRANGED TEAM

6 Likes

Omg finally we got something! Thank you Pete, but still can’t believe there aren’t changes to mountain giants.

The text is slightly blurry :stuck_out_tongue:

Holy moly, what a massive changelist! Can not wait to try it out tomorrow after work. Thanks a lot for the effort! Keep up the good work!

5 Likes

Finally! Good job Blizz, thanks for the patch!

What about mouse responsiveness? Now it’s the same between Windowed Fullscreen and Fullscreen?

Very nice changelist! Appreciate it.

We’ve finally landed 1.31. Asian and European Public Test Realms

Just wanted to highlight this for people who skip huge walls of text.

2 Likes

These are a lot potentially great changes! I hope you guys are gonna get enough testing information to make possibly needed adjustments.

One issue with the game right now wasnt addressed at all though:
The Orc - Nightelf match-up. Nightelf seems to be favored quite a lot right now. It would be great if a couple of little changes in this direction would come as well.

Suggestions:

• nerf wisp detonate: Give wisp detonate manaburn a max cap (maybe 150 mana). Detonate can take the ability to dispel from Orc (and human) completly
  • buff lightningshield (+2 amor): shamans are used often vs NE right now, rarly in other match-ups. LS is a really cool ability, but imo has the issue, that to be effective the affected unit has to be right in the opponents army. Thus these units often just get entangled and focused down and the LS was just a waste of mana.
  • buff purge (-5 mana): when you produce a shaman he starts with just a single purge and it takes quite some time to get the next one, thus orcs are very vulnerable to treants untill they have at least 3 shaman

Also to be fair, purge needs a nerf: It should not work on heroes who a currently under the effect of an invulnerability potion.

Thank you for the work you put into WC3!

4 Likes

Im having trouble with the fullscreen mode.

im running win7 pro x64, ryzen 1700x and a radeon vega 56 + asus mg279q monitor (2560x1440, 144hz, freesync) - i reinstalled PTR to be sure its not some random quirk.

when i first launch the game it starts in fullscreen mode and performance is horrible - im getting something around 30 fps - ingame and in the main menu.
in the options menu i cannot select the proper resolution - only 1080p 60 hz or lower.

when i try to set resolution and refresh rate in the registry nothing happens.

the launch -windowmode fullscreen doesnt change anything here.

using the fullscreen windowed mode offers a great experience with high framerates, nice mouse responsiveness and ofc high refresh rate (which in my case is 144hz).

1 Like

This seems like a really interesting patch looking forward to testing it! All changes seem weird overall, but interesting nontheless!

sorry, but I dont see how UD ever loses a game after this. Necromancers might be the best unit in the game now(all they needed was a cheaper Cripple at tier 1. with just that theyre already sorceresses, why did you make Unholy Frenzy so incredible? its like 6x better than Bloodlust(an already really good spell) now…and even more if you have more units) and they just got the new best item in the game…and its available at tier 1. all this to a race that was already not only the best, but overpowered. dunno why the weak Blademaster’s wind walk was nerfed so much, there goes his entire identity. at least hes a better fighter now. i wouldve just reversed every BM change since 1.26.

Hopefully you remove the UD item, or make it not work on summoned skeletons! i cant believe you even gave it 2 charges, its the best item in the game at 1 charge and its not even close to fair at 2 charges. they now have the best early game heal in the game which means they now have:

• best early game heal(DK and that item)
  • best DPS
  • best casters(Necromancer and Statues are IMO the 2 best casters in the game now)
  • best AA(Fiends, Banshees)
  • best heroes(DL, Lich)
  • best antimagic(Destroyer, Banshee)
  • best late game heal(new item, Statue, Coil)
  • best base defense(Frost)
  • best anti melee(Frost Armor)
  • best debuff(Frost)

the only way to beat an UD used to be to do too much damage in the early game that even THEY cant come back. game over now. what arent they the best at anymore? please add a race thumb down on the ladder so I can just thumb UD down, till then I for one am not touching ranked 1v1 until UD is MASSIVELY nerfed.

Outside of UD and Wind Walk I dont mind the changes, wish Entangle was nerfed and DH, DotTs and Faerie Dragons buffed though.

6 Likes

Hey, I had the same problem in fullscreen, I fixed it by pressing windows + tab key one time. It’s as if the warcraft 3 windows is not focused and by doing this it focus.
I don’t know why this happens. I hope this fixes the problem for you!