PTR Patch Notes -- Version 1.32.10 -- Updated March 16

not classic ones

There is a diffrent case. With this new sell price of items in UD vs HUM matchup.
In this matchup UD creeps almost all best creeps, do a lot more creeps than HUM and with this 75% sell price UD gonna be so so rich. HUM very often just cant leave exp/base and before T3 just cant fight with UD, UD who controling almost in each game whole map and creeps and HUM gets leftovers.
Also we need to think about buff peasant instead buff tower rapair rate. Add 10hp and increase movement speed can help a lot, after this we can slighty increase rapir rate about 2-3 sec and it can provide that we dont get tower rush meta.

Do you have a diagnosis TOD, cry-cry-cry.

Wow, I thought the game is abandoned. Nice to hear the news about upcoming patches!
About the PTR: I find kind of weird buffing the strongest (definetely not weakest) race… If some units/techs are buffed, then sth else must be nerfed (like fast expansion mechanics, increasing its cost for example or decreasing speed), or other races should be buffed aswell

And this garbage?
I see a lot of fanboys getting excited about a dead game. Luckily I downloaded it pirate. Kaivax it was better that you had been fired like the others

2 Likes

World editor will also get a weird bug that occurs at random making your map impossible to save your files unless you do it right away when you know its about to die. And like the pallets keep duplicating constantly every time you load up an additional area. Like… how is this ignored and why haven’t they fixed it? its kind of a priority for map makers!

1 Like

High Elf Swordsman turns into a Blood Elf Swordsman in-game btw, also the Reforged Illidan Wagon model is gone

honestly ur buffs to human seem to mostly counter elf keeper archer/mg strategies . knight definitely don’t need a buff the default sundering blade just remove. same for dispell range which is direct counter to entangle ( which already becomes useless against brilliance aura priests). and the lumber upgrade just means hu can get more tier 3 tech upgrades, it doesnt help early or mid game in any way or form. human needs wood only for the many tier 3 techs, not for tier 1 or tier 2, if human plays tier1/tier2 he won’t even research these. honestly just illogical buff (im not against buffing human, but why like this?) if you want to buff human, you can start with making orb of fire cheaper or buff the orb effect. also tanks can definitely use a serious buff its worst unit in game. undead changes seem good overall. just instead of frost armor 2/4/6, should be 2/5/8. impale nerf is obviously a very big one but its in place and fair. change re-sell to 60% isntead of 75%. and again, revert wisp nerf and malitia duration nerfs from previous patches. they were and are very bad changes. uniqueness of the races come from their workers primarily, the units are basically all the same for most parts. it was bad for gameplay and for many other aspects. maybe make sacrifical skull also spawn 1-2 corpses on the blight when used. and maybe replace sacrifical dagger with replenishment pot (ud heros will need to be nerfed a bit if u do that)

95% noobs in this topic complaining about balance. Every patch its the same. Hope developers will stop listen to community about balance and will get there own game balancer or will work only with t1 pro players. Opinion of noobs is opinion of noobs - they do too many mistakes, that’s why they loose, but not because of balance.

3 Likes

LOK’TAR MY AṢṢ!
STOP IT! JUST STOP IT! Before you mess up even more. You broke the game again! Lots of misplaced units trained in wrong buildings! Also Backpack Undead is automatically researched after upgrading to Black Citadel!
The only & I mean THE ONLY thing you’re supposed to do is make main menu & reforged mode work smoothly!

2 Likes

Does’t that sentence suggest you will tell where you are at with these features? Then proceed with balance changes and no mention of the former

what?

1 Like

For example Spirit Walker is no longer trained in Spirit Lodge but in Tauren Totem; same goes for his upgrade.

It’s been moved to ttauren totem as part of some changes and balance for research or smth. But it’s not a bug, they changed it.

Judging from his original reaction, he probably wouldn’t consider a displacement or intentional misplacement any better here. Maybe even worse.

I’ll agree with you there. Saying the team is committed isn’t much of an update on “where they are”. But they’ve never been that good about telling us where they’re at or giving us much of a “road map” like they said they would.

You aren’t just tweaking things, you’re completely changing the game and potentially creating a need for more such changes. It keeps making the game more and more distorted from what it used to be and eventually may be hardly recognizable. Between how the Starcraft remaster is largely faithful to the original and how the Diablo 2 remaster is aiming to do the same, you’d think you’d have learned by now what makes a successful remaster, but it seems you guys haven’t.

This happens in virtually every competitive game over time. The only problem is it’s been literally several years since any significant changes were made to vanilla multiplayer. So yes, this sort of thing is really disjointing after many years of no changes, but updates like this help keep the core multiplayer experience fresh(er).

Hi WTII, is that really you? Not sure why peeps aren’t liking your posts more. You’re like a mini-celeb lol. Nice vid.

I wish there was a way to play campaign but with current melee balance. I used to export the campaign maps into a custom campaign and play them with the melee data but can’t even do that now since custom campaigns were removed for Reforged.

I imagine it wouldn’t be too hard to add a switch in the options menu to have campaigns use original vs melee data

It doesn’t matter. They messed up. To train Spirit Walker you have to build Tauren Totem one way or another. So placing him there just makes game easier. Besides Spirit Lodge is destined to train spellcasters so really I don’t see how they corrected balance (because they did opposite).
And dear Satan915, maybe you have bad memory or you just ignorant, but misplaced stuff and many other bugs happened in the not so distant past so I have right to misjudge.

I agree, the race suffered UNCONTAINABLE nerfs, something needs to be improved, it is unplayable ! !

1 Like

(1) Sliding scale on item resale value:

• Cheaper items return 50% (prevents early game advantage).
  • Most expensive item return 75% (for balance).
  • Sliding scale for everything in the middle
    a) linear or
    b) specific bench points: >$200=60%, >$400=70%…

(2) Semi related re Aura Items:
Prevent getting an aura drop which your race has (based on last hit on creep)?
Hence NE cannot get Trueshot drop etc. This has a few consequences, but the main one is you cannot get a ‘duplicate’ aura. May make aura creeps even more attractive.
May be tricky to program: can generate multiple (2+) aura options and on drop filter out specific race’ aura?