PTR Patch Notes -- Version 1.32.10 -- Updated March 16

Blizzard, do not look at the european Alliance they all weak players,they have lack skill level. China and Korean have strong alliance players. China and Korea, Alli >UD
Europa Alli < UD.

2 Likes

The way you say all of it point differently than you say. I guess further conversation is meaningless.

I say this as an orc fan, I worry about orc v UD from UD standpoint if this patch goes through as is.

While orc had been going with more Far Seer first openings, the item sell increase (which I generally like) is a buff to Blademaster, as now you can sell TP, buy circlet, and still a bit left over.

That change with the frost armor nerf, and Crypt Lord nerfs (DK-Lich-DR seems meta again from Happy / 120 against orc BUT just the threat of Crypt Lord as often caused orc to go FS first), I expect Blade-SH-TC meta of 2019 to be back and perhaps too strong against UD.

Heroes
Archmage’s Brilliance Aura and Tauren Chieftain’s Endurance Aura are the most powerful auras, should be slightly nerfed.

The initial speed of all heroes should be reverted. Making all heroes have a similar speed is one of poorest changes. The speed advantage of agility heroes or heroes with mounts became nearly non-existent, and this change successfully killed part of the features of different races.

Far Seer’s Far Sight is nearly useless, should be reworked or replaced with another useful ability.

Shadow Hunter is the most OP hero:

1. Healing Wave: large amount of healing, cannot be interrupted. What’s more, Shadow Hunter is a ranged hero which means he is much safer than other heroes who can heal. This ability should be nerfed.
  2. Hex: a casting animation should be added. No more instantly casting please.
  3. Serpent Ward: extremely low mana cost, short cool down, high damage, and what’s more it cannot be dispelled! Should be nerfed.

Blood Mage’s Siphon Mana needs to be nerfed.

Death Knight’s Death Pact is too weak, needs to be reworked.

Lich’s Frost Nova is OP when casted on mass air units. A damage cap should be applied.

Priestess of the Moon is extremely weak when compared with all other heroes. Searing Arrows and Scout need to be totally reworked/replaced, because small tweaks cannot save her.

Keeper of the Grove is nearly useless when the enemy owns any ability of dispelling. And what’s more:

1. Force of Nature is very weak when compared with any other summoning ability.
  2. Thorns Aura is too weak when compared with any other aura.

Demon Hunter’s Immolation is weak. Remember the item Cloak of Flames costs no mana.

Units
All the units who are immune to magic should no longer be targeted by abilities even by allies. So, no more Death Coil on Destroyers, no more Rejuvenation on Dryads.

Raiders’ Ensnare should no longer interrupt any ability. It’s unwise to give a normal unit the ability to interrupt heroes’ channeling abilities.

Kodo Beasts’ Devour should no longer target Mountain Giants without Resistant Skin like it did. A unit which costs 4 food instantly removes a unit that costs 7 food is ridiculous.

Flying Machines’ Flak Cannons should be slightly nerfed. The AOE is really OP when countering other air units. And it is also very strong as a scout, why does such a cheap unit nearly own the scout ability like Priestess of the moon’s?

The duration of Mortar Teams’ Flare should be reduced. Or this ability should only have one charge. Why does a normal unit own the scout ability even stronger than Far Seer’s ?

The hit point of Gryphon Riders should be reduced while the hit point of Wind Riders should be increased.

The initial Mana of Obsidian Statue should be reduced a bit.

Banshee’s Anti-magic Shell is OP. Remember, all the effects that cannot be dispelled is very powerful because there is no effective way to deal with it.

Druid of the Claws’ Roar is slightly OP.

Items
Circlet of Nobility is OP. The bonus should be 1.5 instead of 2. So +1 to all stats with one Circlet of Nobility while +3 with 2 Circlets of Nobility.

Pendant of Energy, Pendant of Mana, Periapt of Vitality, Khadgar’s Gem of Health, all potions of mana and healing: should grant a percent HP/Mana increase based on heroes’ vanilla stats instead of a fixed number. This will further balance those strength/agility heroes who own OP abilities.

Scroll of the Beast can be slightly buffed.

Buildings
Reinforced Defenses should require Fortress like it did. As a makeup, the armor of Orc Burrow can be slightly increased.

Others
Like we can dispel magical effects, an effective way to counter physical effects like Stun/ Ensnared/Web should be added.

5 Likes

Regardless if any of these changes you just proposed are actually even good/ balanced they have the potential to be totally game breaking. You don’t make buffs / nerfs to this level on 1 patch .

Now the most unbalanced match is NE vs ORC, not Hum vs UD.

Your team should balance the game only for top tier players, not the others, because all those non top tier players have these or those totally different shortcomings when against different races.

Top tier players:
Human: Infi(vs all), Th000(vs all)
Night Elf: Moon(vs all), Lawliet(vs Hum, vs Orc)
Orc: Lyn(vs all), Fly(vs UD, vs Ne)
Undead: Happy(vs Hum, vs NE), eer0(vs Hum, vs Orc)

Infi and Th000 seldom anticipate the matches nowadays, so there are no top tier Human players in many cases.

Never try to balance the game in order to make a weaker human player have an equal chance to win against Happy. If that happens, the balance will be truly totally broken.

5 Likes

KAIVAX, MAYBE READ THIS PLEASE AND ASK UR TEAM TO DO SOMETHING ???

1 Like

Because I got defensive after you accused me of being ignorant and mocking you, as any reasonable person would. But fine, have fun being on your own side rather than simply setting aside petty differences with those who might agree with you.

They say how heroes make the game bad because too strong at lvl 3 onward, well DH lvl 6 is already reverse sweep type of hero.

WHAT IF they made heros like really less powerful (and should cost less with that), im sure many old players and pros would hate such a change. But as being an old schooler myself, I greet such change.

This game feels so old to be worth playing and in the state it is now, needs something fresh.

Is that somewhat of a joke post? Even the classic team marketed Warcraft 3 as “hero-centric” gameplay/real-time strategy. Diminishing that and making it more like Starcraft or older Warcrafts would further rob the game of its identity. Besides, one hero having a strong ultimate doesn’t mean every hero should be nerfed.

Now if you want some kind of joke/alternate ladder where there’s no heroes or stats are majorly changed, that might be interesting but I doubt the developers would go for that anytime soon. But non-ladder and non-standard games are what custom games are for.

I’ll agree to disagree.

While I don’t think they should change things just for the sake of changing things, the fact that the game was left alone for so long doesn’t mean there isn’t/wasn’t anything to improve or adjust. Blizzard had just moved on from the game, and now they’re looking at it again for the first time in many years. I mean, really, you aren’t trying to argue the balance was flawless before are you?

And I can actually agree some of the changes have been… odd. But they are explaining the logic behind them, they aren’t just being made at random.

I wasn’t implying that it was perfect. Heck even Starcraft balance probably isn’t perfect (despite what some people may try to say), much less Diablo 2 or WoW Classic. But in those games they didn’t change balance this much (or at all) when they revisited those games. Like those games, balance in Warcraft 3 was left alone for awhile or changed very little after a certain point. Sometimes trying to get closer to perfect ends up being disruptive, especially if you’re doing big changes. If you’re going to change it at all after so long it should be in a less disruptive way that is more faithful. In essence, you should “balance” how you go about doing unit balance and staying faithful to an old game. But I already covered how you can go about doing that:

This matchup is weird because NE has dominated this matchup since patch 1.30.0 when Keeper meta started but it swung hard Orc’s favor at least at the top after last patch.

I think small changes make a big difference in this matchup. I’d do a slight nerf to Serpent Wards at level 2, and 3 (level 1 is fine). It think this could bring the matchup close to 50/50.

Watch a few NE games recently and I guess I agree with the sentiment that MGs are too strong and need a nerf.

BUT then something else on NE needs a buff. MGs are OP but NE is kind of dependent on them right now. So nerf MGs and buff some other units.

1 Like

Hi there.
There is 3 major changes.

1. Human’s changes - i would say they are too dramatic… lets do it in 2 patches.
  2. Undead’s changes -ok.
  3. Item’s changes - it’s a game changes ++++++ i like it.

PS: I want to suggest one more fix due to you ignored Horde.
Plz fix 3rd skill of Farseer -> i think nobody uses it right now - i think if you have statistic you know that this skill was never taken by anyone before 8th level.

For instance, PoM with owl looks much better if we compare them.

• Probably it makes sense to look to elf infighting skills as well.
1 Like

Maybe a future warcraft (if they decided to correct their mistake called reforged like they did D4 from Diablo importal) should make heroes cheaper and with less decisive abilities. Right now I got to agree that a lot of the games are hero wins.

Whether you get the tome to get lvl 3 WE and win because your opponent doest have it, let’s not forget one can lvl 3 ability at level 4, things like DH ultimate, Warden ultimate give too much.

I wouldn’t mind if they made such change but I know game would be hated for it, better have a bit more armies focus and hero give half of what they do now, no it’s still far from starcraft. It would be faster paced and harder like that.

Items’ selling price should depend on the tech as it is with the hero experience gaining. It will motivate players to tech faster and to gain more money for it. Also it will prevent orc’s Blademaster from selling tp for a big money as well as the cryptlord from being too hard and getting more money, which means more ghouls at the start of the game.
E.G.: Tier 1 items’ re-sell price is 55% more than current.
Tier 2 resell 65%
Tier 3 resell 75%
It could be more balanced and not so radical

2 Likes

I was a fan of the proposed item cost increase of 75% but this ^ might very well be a better idea.

Other option is keep item re-sell for consumable items which are quite balanced imo at 50%, and make re-sell for permanent items at 75%. This helps if you get Ring from first green camp, instead of Claws or Circlet.