PTR Patch Notes -- Version 1.32.10 -- Updated March 16

Got excited thinking it was a bigger update, oh well I guess it’s fine for ESL related changes

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!
Please try to keep the communication with the community active with regular updates even if there is very little to say.

A very small news is better than radio silence.

31 Likes

Congratulations on another patch. We hope for future patches with custom campaigns and fixes to modding.

Ralle,
Hive Workshop

35 Likes

A human tower rush against NE is imba again.
You can’t cancel a tower with 3 archers anymore while 4-5 footies are attacking the archers.

Power repair will work by 100% now in a tower rush.

17 Likes

Did HU get some insane buffs for no reason?

Blizzard… what?
Blizzard… you do know Human destroys Elf in this MU currently in ladder?

And you are buffing HU more?
Sundering blades already has no counter for Elf.
Priests already hard counter everything Elf has.
HU towers guarantee free expansion already while Elf can never pull up an expansion itself.
And HU don’t need wood at all with rifles being only 30 wood and able to compete head to head (sometimes even better) vs tier 3 bears with all its upgrades.

And we are now seeing more HU buffs?
If you haven’t noticed blizzard, HU has a 54.2% winrate Elf at Grandmaster level in w3champions. A WHOPPING 54.2% winrate.

This patch ought to be some joke.

29 Likes

Finally! Thanks you for update

7 Likes

Very happy to see new PTR patch.

(1) NE and UD changes look reasonable.

(2) A bit too many HU buffs. For example, repairing rate for human helps tower rushes as well. I don’t think it is a good idea to buff it. If Sundering blades are for free, maybe reduce them from 15% to 10% to decrease knights’ impact when they are being massed?

(3) I would not tweak aura items. It is easy to remember that they match the first level for heroes’ auras. They are powerful and introduce some rng beauty into the game. Also reselling value 75% is too high, I’d say at most 60% is ok … Still, items that have been already regularly sold now will be sold right away.

11 Likes

Is buffing human expansion/tower/seige tank play really the direction we want to take the meta?

Night elf is overall performing the worst in tournaments right now, closely followed by human. Bears need to have their damage back, with this change to knights human will dismantle elf even harder than before.

I suggest bears have +4 damage.
Chimera roost moved to T2 with faeirie dragons coming out of it instead of an ancient of wind (this buffs chimera the same way Tauren got buffed by increasing accessibility).

13 Likes

glad you guys are back and up & running, any hints of when you can implement Custom Campaign feature ?

• Shadi from Chronicles of the second War team.
17 Likes

To the patch balancers:
Try to actually follow the stats of this game.

Go to w3champions -> Statistics -> Winrates -> 1.32.9 -> > 2200 Grandmaster (asia plays too now)

Night Elf vs Human: 45.8%
Night Elf vs Orc: 44.8%
Night Elf vs UD: 42.6%

And NOW we are BUFFING Human to this level?

20 Likes

Some of these buffs to human are absurd. Making towering expos the default again is going to make for many autowins by human. Making Siege Tanks OP again is also no fun. Priests are already the best caster there is no need to buff them. With the same logic Blademaster and Demon Hunter should get their agility nerfs reverted, which nobody wants to see.

12 Likes

Sure, with the absolute pros and even a small fraction of them. The problem with your way of looking at things is that Blizzard has all the data, not just that of W3Champions. If you look at the "Master" players, for example, HU vs. NE has only 48.4%. HU currently has problems against UD and this has been addressed. But I also think that NE could use a few buffs in general.
3 Likes

Please also consider adding new maps to the mappool with the update going live.
Autumn Leaves, Tidehunters and Ruins of Aszhara are proven in the W3C ladder already and should also be featured in the official ladder since they got picked up by some cups and tournaments. You find them all on Hiveworkshop.
If you want to keep the mappool at the same size, consider removing Swamped Temple, Nomad Isles, Twisted Meadows

4 Likes

I agree that NE needs a buff but Humans only have a lead on NE but are behind against the other two races so buffing them isn’t the issue here.

4 Likes

I’ll cover over these changes in a video soon, for now…

*Addressing the Rally “maphack” issue is a worthy priority.
*I agree with almost all of the balance changes except there should be a small cost to some of the Human buffs & I dislike nerfing the items power levels.
*The Ranked play/Leaderboards & Player Profiles are your priority since that’s all the work you currently have done since the ahem … exit of a certain team HOWEVER they aren’t desperately needed since W3Champions has done a great job filling that gap.

What about Custom Campaigns? A search function for Custom Games?

15 Likes

Wow, GREAT changes!! However, slightly disappointed MGs still not been nerfed, but alot of TREMENDOUS balance updates in the right direction, thank you!!

3 Likes

NE needs a buff but Humans only have a lead on NE but are behind against the other two races so buffing them isn’t the issue here.

So the logic is because HU needs a buff for another MU, let’s just completely ruin HU vs Elf even more?
This was the same issue with wisp nerf and everything. Nerfed vs 1 MU and now all the other MU are affected.
Maybe we should just ban HU vs Elf in all tournies? When was the last time people complained Knights were weak.
Heck, give animal war training by default at tier 2. And give that war training to rifles too.

These human buffs are absolutely exaggerated and human NEEDS a nerf currently in the MU vs Elf. No more buffs. Nerf other races if necessary.

10 Likes

Please remove Lighting Shield, Ring+4, Ring+5 and Crystall Ball from drops, coz they are either too strong or too weak compared to other items.

2 Likes

I don’t like sundering blades by default (I’m human player). Better remove this upgrade from the game and buff knights other way (+1dmg or +20hp).

Frost armor nerf at lvl1 ok… but please not 50%. Make it maybe 3/4/6.

I like most of auras items nerfs but I don’t like alleria flute of accuracy nerf maybe make it 8% or leave 10%. Becouse if army isn’t full range this will be always item for sell.

3 Likes

Hello Blizzard, Big Fan

Thank you for your work, it would be awesome if you could fix custom campaigns.

4 Likes